REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
French-English Translation Dictionary by Ultralingua
Over 270,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of French and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. You can count on our French-English dictionary to provide all the content you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into French or English text instantly.
• Over 85,000 entries with 270,000 translations
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Tap on any verb to view all standard tenses and forms
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• On iPad, double-tap the verb boxes to pull up a complete table
• Translate numerals into French and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from French-English to English-French
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
We updated the dictionary results display for iPad users. Instead of flipping through screens like pages, you now scroll vertically. This makes for a much faster display of results on the iPad.