LANGUAGES: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese
REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
Read the latest news from your favorite sites and blogs, even when you’re offline. Simply use your free Google Reader account to subscribe to websites you’d like to keep track of. Byline will automatically stay in sync and bring you new content, putting thousands of RSS and Atom feeds at your fingertips. Even when you have no internet connection (such as on the subway) Byline’s offline browsing feature gives you instant access to complete web pages.
This version of Byline is for iPhone and iPod touch only. A universal version of Byline with iPad support is also available in the App Store.
- Two-way syncing with your Google Reader feeds, folders, starred items and notes.
- Integration with Twitter, Instapaper, and Read It Later.
- Navigate between items quickly with a simple swipe gesture.
- View up to 1000 items when you're offline, including embedded images.
- Offline browsing lets you access complete web pages linked to by your feeds.
- Automatic caching uses statistical analysis to selectively cache web pages for feeds with truncated content.
- High-resolution graphics optimised for iPhone 4’s Retina display.
- Tailored for use in both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Star items and mark as read/unread in bulk or one-by-one.
- Mark all as read with an intuitive one-touch gesture.
- Built-in web browser for online and offline browsing.
- Share items and create notes from any web page.
- Send full articles by email.
- Restores the orientation lock setting on all devices.
- Improves the display of the list title in the navigation bar so that the unread count is always visible.
- Fixes a bug which prevented syncing because Byline failed to detect an internet connection via a proxy server.
- Fixes a bug which caused the mark read/unread swipe gesture to stop working in some situations.
- Fixes a rare bug which caused crashes when caching unusual web content.