REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
Units is a simple unit conversion utility. Unlike most other unit converters, Units looks and works a lot like a calculator. You punch in digits and Units does the conversion on the fly.
Units remembers the last used conversion units for each mode. Combinations that you use often can be saved for quick access via 3 user-assignable buttons.
Currency exchange rates are updated once a day from our server, but you can also do a manual fetch when you want to.
- Supports most common units, and a few specialized conversions
- Go green: Calculate your Carbon Dioxide emissions of your car
- Clear button can be customized to act as backspace
- Clear button changes to +/- when converting from Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Save upto 3 often used combiations to the user-assignable buttons
- Conversion happens as you type. No need to press another button
- Reverse direction of conversion with one press of a button
- Currency exchange rates are automatically downloaded once a day
- Shake to clear the screen
- Rotate device to compare values across units
- Copy and paste values between apps
This long overdue update adds a few new features to Units and lots of user interface tweaks and improvements.
All UI elements including buttons and mode icons, have been redone and optimized for the new iPhone 4 Retina Display.
- app icon tweaked slightly and looks much better on Retina Display
- supports the new background processing state in iOS4
- NEW: finally, Units now supports Copy and Paste. Press and hold the LCD screen to bring up the Copy and Paste menu
- standardized to Helvetica for all UI elements
- NEW: auto advance feature makes it incredibly easy and quick to make Mode and Unit selections.
- editing mode list now shows a badge with the number of units enabled/total number of units
- added new modes: Frequency and Radio Activity
- added about 40 new currencies and a few other units for other modes
- NEW: Units now detects an abnormal crash from previous run and suggests restoring the internal database if problems persist
- NEW: '…' indicator on units that allow alternate ways to view them: ft in, lb oz, hh:mm:ss. An indicator also appears in the LCD display so pressing the LCD screen switches the formatting of the results.
- across the board improvements and bug fixes