REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1 or later
ABContacts: Contacts Manager, Dialer, Favorites, Group Text & Email
ABContacts: the powerful contacts manager. With call router to easily use more than one app to make calls. With Group Text and Group Email. Use ABContacts features (groups, T9 dialer, favorites) and call with the regular Phone app or with Google Voice (needs supported app) or Skype (needs Skype app) or other supported apps.
MacWorld.com 4/5. AppCraver.com 9/10. 148Apps.com 4.5/5
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. Please read the guide, most negative reviews are from people that have not read the user's guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request.
The app has five 'modes' :
- Smart Groups
- Recent Calls
SEARCH AND LISTING FEATURES :
- The search bar will search notes, first and last name, company, job titles, departments, phone numbers, emails (configurable on the settings and can work on words or full search);
- Show contact pictures (can be turned off);
- Company view shows contacts grouped by company;
- Shows company, job title and department on the contact list;
- Optionally show company in big font and contact in small font;
- Contact filtering to show a reduced set of contacts; can filter by company, city, state, country and part of notes;
- Shows upcoming birthdays and events;
- Shows unfiled contacts;
- Dialer to search for contacts with a fast T9 keyboard;
- Favorites photo listing;
- Speed dial of the first nine favorites;
CONTACTS AND GROUPS FEATURES:
- Smart groups based on rules; There are five different types of rules and they work on first name, last name, company, notes, job title, department, city, state, country, birthday and events fields, emails and phones. Rules can be combined to create very powerful filters !
- Native and Private groups;
- Add new contact in one fast screen;
- Quick action to email to groups of contacts (using TO or BCC);
- Quick action to send a text to groups of contacts;
- Quick actions to make call, send email and send SMS to a contact faster;
- Display contact's addresses in maps
- Send contact information to others by email (text and/or vcard);
- Print contact information (requires AirPrint compatible printer);
- Create, rename and delete group of contacts;
- Edit contact group membership on one screen;
- Create, edit and remove contacts with the same user interface as the contacts built-in app (remove button is in a different place);
- Mail and SMS are sent using the configured applications, which can can be the built-in ones or others;
- A lot of customizable options in the settings.
INTEGRATION WITH OTHER APPS
- if the basic group texting and emailing features are not enough, the app can integrate with our other Group Text! and Group Email! apps to send texts with contact information and location address and map links and to send emails with various kinds of attachments.
- the app can make calls with various apps (Apple Phone, Skype, Google Voice GVConnect / GVMobile and others). The app to use can be configured with number labels.
- To open the 'mode' selector tap on the title bar.
- Apple has changed how groups work when syncing with Exchange in the recent iOS4.2 firmware. Apps can't create or manage native groups with iOS4.2 and Exchange. Private Groups and Smart groups will work because they're private of ABContacts.
- If you're experiencing issues sending to large groups, check the setting of "Group Messaging" on the iPhone settings. If the option is available, set it to OFF (yes OFF) to be able to send to large groups.
- search bar keyboard numbers issue
- adding favorites crashing on some contacts
- graphic glitch on favorites photo view
- deadlock on loading ext. info
Since we're late with version 2 (a free upgrade for existing customers) we back ported some features :
- integration with our Group Text! app and Group Email! app to have more features when sending texts (templates, char counter, insert contact info & map links) and sending emails (templates, attachments). Note that some of these features will be added to version 2 of ABContacts; integration is helpful if you can't wait for them.
- group membership editing in quick actions view
- addresses in quick actions view
- send contact information with vcard & text
- faster loading
- faster searches from search bar and dialer
- print contact sheet (needs compatible AirPrint printer)
- fixed crashing issue
- Fixed an issue with dialer
- Now you can refine a search while the app is searching
- Now you can cancel a long search
- Print and Send contact info now use the last settings by default
- search on nickname (enable it in device settings)