REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
NIV Bible BibleReader
BibleReader(TM) lets you study and explore the Bible on your iPhone and carry your Bible study library with you wherever you go. BibleReader(TM) offers powerful features for Bible reading and study, advanced personal customization, 100+ titles for free download, and a huge catalog available for in-app purchase, including Bible translations, Greek and Hebrew resources, commentaries, dictionaries, foreign language titles, and Christian eBooks.
This application includes the NIV Bible, as well as offering access to all Olive Tree free titles and letting you make in-app purchases from the Olive Tree catalog.
* Immersive reading lets you remove all controls and get lost in your book without distractions.
* Powerful resource guide and word lookup designed to help you study the Bible.
* With 3-touch Verse Chooser, you can navigate quickly and easily to the exact Bible verse you want.
* Quick, powerful searching lets you find words, phrases, even search in Greek and Hebrew!
* Scripture and other works are stored on your phone, so you don't need a continuous Internet connection. You have full access to your library even when you're in airplane mode or out of wi-fi range.
* Split screen reading lets you view two books at once. You can compare Bible translations, view study notes, or read commentaries and reference books side-by-side with Scripture.
* Helps you easily access the content in your library.
* Quickly find commentary and map hits on the Bible passage you are reading.
* Look up people, places, and topic on a passage.
* Easy to use cross references.
* Configure the resource guide to work the way you want.
* Bookmark your favorite verses.
* Make personal notes.
* Highlight text.
* Sort, search, and organize annotations. A great organizational tool for study, personal devotions, or sermon preparation!
* Open and edit your personal notes in the split window to easily add and modify notes while studying or during sermons.
* Verses in your notes are hyperlinked to open the verse reference when you tap on them.
* Tag annotations for convenient organization.
* Book ribbons let you easily track your reading location.
* Cloud sync your bookmarks, notes, highlights, and book ribbons between your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and http://sync.olivetree.com
* Edit your notes online at http://sync.olivetree.com
* Bookmark, highlight, add a note, or copy any text.
* Search for selected word(s).
* Lookup selected word(s) in all dictionaries.
A LIBRARY OF TITLES
BibleReader(TM) offers the ease of in-app purchases, and even lets you use iTunes gift cards to purchase Olive Tree books, Bibles, and Bible study tools. You'll find these resources and more available for purchase, as well as many free titles, in the Olive Tree catalog:
* Popular Bible translations: NIV, NKJV, ESV, NLTse, NASB, The Message, Amplified, HCSB, NCV, Complete Jewish Bible, JPS Tanakh
* Best-selling study bibles: ESV Study Bible, NLT Study Bible, NIV Study Notes
* Bibles with deuterocanonical books: NRSV and RSV, Douay-Rheims
* Non-English Bibles: Reina-Valera, Traduccion en lenguaje actual, Dios Habla Hoy (Spanish), Luther Bibel 1984, Schlachter, and Elberfelder (German), Louis Segond and La Bible du Semeur (French), and more.
* Original language Bibles: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Hebrew Old Testament), Greek New Testament (NA27)
* Strong's Dictionaries, and KJV and NASB with Strong's Numbers
* Commentaries and Study Tools: Bible Knowledge Commentary; Ryrie Study Bible Notes, Jamieson, Fausset and Brown; Matthew Henry's Concise and Complete Commentaries; MacArthur's New Testament Commentary; Gray's; Ironside; Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge (cross references)
* Excellent free resources: John Piper's Collected Sermons (1200+ sermons, indexed for easy searching), Bible in Basic English, classics by St. Augustine, John Wesley, and Charles Spurgeon
* Multi-verse copy when you select copy from a verse hyperlink
* On the iPad the library quick popover for the main window now has an all tab
* The library list view now has a tab at the top for all books, recently opened, and favorites.
* On the iPhone and iPod touch when you tap on the library on the main window it now goes straight to the full screen library.
* View note list by categories in split window on the iPad
* Sorting annotations by verse shows verse reference as subtitle item (rather than the date) and sorting by title shows content as subtitle.
* Bookmarks now store the first few words of the text they reference if book/chapter/verse based.
* Date references for annotations now show proper time based on local timezone.
* Lots more icons for notes.
* New default Bible setting for verse hyperlinks (advanced settings->Hyperlink Settings->Default Bible for Hyperlink)
* There is now a sermon section in the resource guide
* Charts and images now have a root level sections in resource guide
* Added Gesture Setting action for toggling toolbar. This is helpful for texts with lots of hyperlinks on the iPhone and iPod touch.
* Simply viewing a note no longer causes the updated date to change.
* Fixed large white space gaps at end of chapter
* Fixed a bug where doubled headings would sometimes appear on backwards scrolling
* Fixed a crash when tapping on the back arrow on popovers
* Fixed a bug where sometimes first line of chapter was missing
* A few more fixes for mixed right-to-left and left-to-right text
* Other small bug fixes
* Some performance and memory improvements.