REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad.
Requires iOS 2.0 or later
THE ORIGINAL IPHONE HEART MONITOR.
POD TOUCH V2 OWNERS
* Must own Apple headphones with microphone.
* This can be Apple iPhone headphones or new Apple In Ear headphones which have a microphone + volume controls.
HOW IT WORKS
A real heart monitor that uses the inbuilt microphone to hear and detect your heart rate. You can use the microphone on your headphones or the inbuilt microphone at the base of your iPhone 3G to measure your heart rate. Use Heart Monitor to get very accurate heart rate results, find your resting heart rate, track your previous results and use the special Pulse Count mode which helps you take manual pulse counts when you are training.
Because Heart Monitor uses sound to detect heart rates, you can use the iPhone 3G directly over your heart or directly on the pulse in your neck or wrist. Heart Monitor works best in quiet areas. You can get excellent results when using the microphone on your headphone cable.
IPHONE 1G/2G AND IPOD TOUCH V2 OWNERS: You MUST use the headphone cable microphone for Heart Monitor to work. The inbuilt microphone on the older phones are not very sensitive. And iPod Touch V2 does not come standard with any microphone, you must buy the optional Apple Headphones + Microphone.
UPGRADES COMING SOON.
* Email your heart beat graph.
* Storing of all heart beat graphs.
Before buying heart monitor check to see if you can find a pulse point located:
* In your neck just below the start of your jaw.
* Your chest directly over your heart.
* Your wrist inline with the base of your thumb.
See pictures to the left.