REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary third edition provides definitions for about 170,000 words, phrases and examples and is compiled to offer what learners need most in a dictionary. The Third Edition offers new, up-to-date vocabulary (e.g. sex up, speed-dating, whiteboard), new 'mini-collocation' boxes, and new frequency information to highlight the most important words to learn. The new Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary gives you everything you need to learn English and pass exams!
Over 170,000 words, phrases and examples
* NEW! You will find newly added Illustrations and photos to illustrate the word definitions.
* NEW! Common grammar and style and usage labels included
* NEW! Examples included in the word definitions show you how to use words in the most natural and fluent way.
* All the important new words that have come into the language (e.g. dirty bomb, lairy, 9/11, clickable)
* Only words from a defining vocabulary used to help make definitions easy to understand
* Over 90,000 examples, mainly full sentences, show you how English is used in context and help you write natural English.
* 25,000 collocations show the way words work together in English
* Automatic recognition of inflected forms
The dictionary is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod with the following key benefits:
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Ability to change the font size in the word definitions - this feature is available from the device Settings
* Bookmarks - you can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool and create your own topics and word lists
* Filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Quick search of words while you type
* Hyperlinks between words and articles
* Pinch Zoom in iOS 3.2 and higher
* Screen rotation in the word list