REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
TripView displays Sydney Train/Bus/Ferry timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it does not require any network access.
- If you're going to leave a review claiming that the timetable is not accurate, please email me with details so that I can fix it. Timetable accuracy is my highest priority, and as far as I'm aware the data is 100% accurate, so if you do find a problem - I want to know about it. Thanks!
- For more news and updates, follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/nickmaher
- Define trips using presets (source/destination/lines)
- Multi-segment trips (can mix trains/buses/ferries)
- Auto route calculation for train trips
- Summary view allows you to scroll through all matching trips for the week, showing ETA and arrival/departure times
- Route editor lets you edit or extend a trip (e.g. change at a different station)
- Reverse a trip by tapping the station names in the title
- Scrolling blue "plasma" indicator display
- Full browseable timetable
- Get directions to nearest stations, using GPS (trains only)
- Automatically selects weekday/weekend timetable
- Supports services that only run on select days (e.g. late night friday/saturday)
- Supports all suburban and intercity CityRail services
- Displays special stop flags (e.g. pickup / setdown only)
- Where trains proceed from one line to another, timetables are seamlessly merged (e.g. North Shore and Northern Line)
- All views update in real time
- Information on train delays from CityRail
- Small application size (~2MB including all timetable data)
- Timetable updates can be downloaded from within the app
- Platform numbers
- Departure alarms (time based) and arrival alarms (time/distance based).
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOTE: Timetable data is derived from the web based timetables, so it does not take into account any delays, cancellations, or trackwork. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "8 Cars" and "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.
- Fixed crash when enabling GPS with location services disabled
- Timetable page now shows platforms for all stations
- Improved bus route sorting (certain Westbus services are now easier to find)