REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
* "a must buy for any iPhone owning image sequence fan" - Dr Andrew Hudson-Smith, Digital Urban
* "Neat! ... TimeLapse is fun." - Dave Caolo, TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
* "Apparently iPhone 3GS Time Lapse Footage Can Be Pretty Phenomenal" - Gizmodo
TimeLapse is the professional choice for automating the iPhone and iPod's camera to help create time lapse photo sequences.
TimeLapse can create HD videos directly on your device (on iPhones and iPods with a video camera) and store full size, GPS tagged, photos in the photo library for later downloading to your computer for professional quality post processing and movie encoding.
You can encode photos into movies on your computer using applications such as Apple QuickTime, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker or ffmpeg.
TimeLapse is flexible enough to be used for time lapse photography, as a single shot delay timer, a journey photo logger and even as an ad-hoc surveillance camera.
View TimeLapse user videos in the iTunes "TimeLapse Support" link below. Be sure to check the movies in the "The very best TimeLapse videos" topic!
- Full control of focus and flash
- Use front and rear cameras
- Onion skin framing assistance
- Save high resolution photos, encode a video or do both at once
- Encode videos with any DRM-free audio track in you music library (configurable)
- GPS photo tagging for journey photo logs (configurable)
- Dark display to conserve battery power (configurable)
- Period between photos (from 24 hours down to the limit of the iPhone's capabilities, about half a second between photos)
- Start photo session with a timer or by date
- End photo session by photo count, timer or date
- Control photo size (Large, Medium, Small)
- Control video size (Large, Medium, Small)
- On device photo pre-processing
- Completion alert sound
- Set the phone to silent mode to eliminate the shutter sound.
- To avoid interruptions (i.e. phone calls), turn on Airplane mode in the iPhone's settings. This will ensure your iPhone will not move during the photo session.
Help TimeLapse improve! Many of TimeLapse's features are the result of user feedback. Please let the author know what you think of TimeLapse and what features you would like added. Visit http://xyster.net/tlapse to share your ideas, post your videos or just say hi. If you like TimeLapse don't forget to leave a review.
Better handling of session interruptions (phone calls, texts, home button presses, etc.). TimeLapse will automatically resume a session when it can and when it can't it will save as much as possible.