REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1 or later
GoodReader for iPhone
GoodReader® is the super-robust highly-rated PDF reader with advanced reading and annotating capabilities. Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines. The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
This version is for iPhone / iPod touch. For iPads use our other app called "GoodReader for iPad".
The latest version of GoodReader adds the ability for you to sync your files with remote servers! Now you can:
• sync with iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync and any WebDAV, FTP or SFTP server
• sync entire folders or individual files separately
“GoodReader has a beautiful soul.” Mobilitysite
GoodReader not only supports massive PDF and TXT files, but also handles the most popular file types:
• MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls
• iWork ’08/’09
• HTML and Safari webarchives
• High resolution images
• Even audio and video!
"Superb PDF file viewer offers wonderful reading experience", 4.5 out of 5 mice, Macworld
ANNOTATE! Annotation is a feature long sought after by users who want to add their own mark-ups to PDFs, especially those collaborating as a team on shared documents. The types of annotations that can be created and edited in GoodReader include typewriter text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, text insertion marks.
REFLOW PDF TEXT! With the PDF Reflow feature, reading your documents is a pleasure because it extracts pure text from PDF files and automatically wraps words. This amazing feature fits all of the text to your screen perfectly. That means you never have to scroll left and right to read the text. For a better idea of how on-the-fly reflow works, sneak a peek at the Reflow screenshot down below.
MANAGE FILES! GoodReader lets you create folders, move, copy and rename your files; zip, email and unzip them; plus send your files to other apps.
TRANSFER FILES! Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with iDisk, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, FTP and SFTP servers.
SYNC YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS! The amazing new Auto Sync feature will work with MobileMe iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net, and any other WebDAV, FTP or SFTP server.
“Possibly the greatest app of all time.” Damego
PDF HYPERLINKS! The PDF hyperlink feature allows you to quickly jump back and forth within the document. Tapping a link quickly whisks you across a huge PDF book in an instant, and the “Go Back” button will take you back to the page you came from.
MORE VIEWING AREA! With no bars or buttons blocking the text, you’ll experience true full-screen reading. And if large page margins are annoying, get rid of them with GoodReader’s special PDF crop tool.
ZOOM! You can even use the 50x zoom, giving you a better view without distorting the image.
TEXT SEARCH! If you know what you’re looking for, the Text Search feature helps you find your way to the exact info you want in any PDF or TXT file.
TONS OF OTHER FEATURES! We keep surprising our existing users with new features by constantly releasing free updates. We don't just do small fixes, we actually improve the app all the time!
LEARN MORE! www.goodreader.net
• fixed the issue with occasional crashes when annotating a PDF file inside the iCloud folder
• the behaviour of the Downloads folder has been changed, thanks to the new Apple's data storage feature appearing in iOS 5.0.1. As of iOS 5.0.1, the Downloads folder will not be purged by the system in low disk space situations, and it will not be backed up to iTunes or iCloud (please note that if you're using iOS version prior to 5.0.1, this folder may be backed up, eating up your backup disk space).
GoodReaderUSB has been updated to support the new Downloads folder:
Was new in v.3.10.1:
Text Lookup for PDF files. Select a text in a PDF file and use the magnifying glass button on the popup menu to find this text in:
• Dictionary (built into iOS 5)
• Google (iOS 4 or later)
• Wikipedia (iOS 4 or later). Select your preferred language for Wikipedia in app settings, Other Settings section.
• to comply with Apple's new Data Storage Guidelines, a special Downloads folder is now used as a default location for files downloaded with the web browser. This folder doesn't get backed up to iTunes or iCloud, resulting in smaller backup sizes and shorter backup times. Use this folder for files that can be easily restored or redownloaded in case of a loss. However, if a file can't be easily redownloaded, please move it out of this folder, so it will be backed up during your next backup session.
• GoodReaderUSB was updated to support the new Downloads folder: www.goodreader.net/usb
• adopted Google Docs API changes for uploading files
Was new in v.3.9.1:
• iOS 5 compatibility fix
• iCloud support (iOS 5 or later)
• Data Protection can now be enabled for all files, even if there is no app or file password being used (this option needs to be explicitly enabled in settings)
• AirPlay is also enabled for audio files now (iOS 4.3 or later)
• PDF Annotations deletion confirmation dialog can now be disabled in settings
• Web browser password now also locks the “Enter URL” feature