REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
Bobby Universal Remote
The only iPhone/iPod Touch remote that does not require a Mac or PC to configure. You can do it all on your iPhone/iPod Touch
-- Featured in NY Times Article: "A Universal Remote That Works" --
Bobby is an iPhone/iPod touch remote that allows you to control all of your home entertainment devices that have infrared capability. To speak to your infrared devices you will need a WiFi to Infrared bridge such as the GC-100 from Global Cache.
*** NOTE: REQUIRES hardware from Global Cache with firmware version 3.2 and above. ***
To purchase the Global Cache GC-100 Network Adapter:
• Please visit Global Cache website: http://www.globalcache.com
Start with an image of your virtual living room, kitchen or bedroom. Simply tap the device you wish to control, and a remote control will appear. It can have the same look and feel of your standard remote. You can scroll the remote up and down to access all the buttons and functions. You can "teach" Bobby your own custom remote, or you can download the more common remotes from our database. You can upload your remotes to share them with others, as well as download those shared by others. You can access IP cameras in your house and outside. You can create your own macro sequences to automate your house.
1) Control devices via RS-232 one way. Requires In-App purchase;
2) Side-by-side display of the remotes within a location;
3) Faster remotes loading;
4) Gateway connection state indicator on the virtual remote page;
5) Support of the non-rectangular buttons on a virtual remote;
6) IP Camera can be set as an action for button or remote;
7) Multi-touch gestures for the IP cameras.
8) New navigation buttons to easily jump between the remotes;
9) Improved IR Learning.
- Learning Denon and Sharp IR codes is now supported.
10) Need help? Find an installer.
- Find an installer near you directly from Bobby, if you need any help with hardware or software.
11) Change volume by tilting your iPhone up and down.
12) IP Camera capability: access your IP Cameras from the location page in Bobby. Available separately as an In-App purchase product.
13) Snap-to-grid capability: allows you to automatically align buttons when editing a remote control.
14) New Button actions
- Enable or disable display of button text or image.
- Assign IR, URL, Macro, or Shortcut actions to buttons (see http://support.cremote.com/forums/10099/entries/54343).
15) Improved Macros
- Define time with millisecond precision for Repeat and Delay for every button in macro.
- Configure Bobby to display Remote Page or IP Camera.
16) Easy remote download and sharing
- For ease download of remotes, use Remote Download Wizard.
- Share your remotes with your friends using the CREMOTE server.
- Share your remotes, macros, locations with your friends' iPhone/iPod touch using Peer-to-Peer Sharing via Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.
- Upload your remotes to your MyBobby account on the CREMOTE server.
17) Overal improvements
- Enjoy revamped UI and remote skins.
- Use drag and drop, adjust button sizes and use other new cool features in the improved remote editor.
- Use MyBobby to backup/restore your Bobby data.
- Use web to create or edit remotes visually.
• A Global Cache Network Adapter (GC-100-6 or GC-100-12).
• A common wireless router (connected to the internet).
• The GC-IRL is required when you need to teach Bobby, for your custom remotes.
- Fixed issues regarding iOS4 and iPad