REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
SunVox is the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS.
Most Innovative Application of 2008/2009 by results of poll on Palm Sounds blog.
It is a small and fast multi-platform pattern based sequencer (tracker) with modular synthesizers.
With this program you can compose music anywhere. On any device. With any OS. It also available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Maemo, PalmOS and Windows Mobile.
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Flexible architecture: SunVox can working on variuos devices with completely different CPUs;
• WiFi export/import;
• Export to WAV;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording.
[ Bug reports ]
PLEASE, if you find a bug in the SunVox (or just have some questions), then write about it on firstname.lastname@example.org. The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
Music album created in SunVox:
Publish your SunVox songs here:
New in v1.6.3:
* fixed several serious bugs in sound engine;
* added a new standard effect 07 - set sample offset by a percentage (from 0000 to 8000).
New in v1.6.2:
* quantization noise is reduced by 4 times;
* improved sound quality of the following modules: Generator, SpectraVoice;
* new Generator waveforms: half-sine (6); abs-sine (7); pulse-sine with duty cycle (8);
* added Copy and Paste of modules;
* added new control "Velocity" to MultiSynth module;
* now Sampler can record signals from another modules; just connect some output module (Generator, for example) to the Sampler and press the "Rec", "Rec mono" or "Rec LoFi" button under the Sampler controllers; "Rec" - record stereo; "Rec mono" - record mono; "Rec LoFi" - record mono with reduced sampling frequency;
* added Input module for audio receiving from microphone or line-in; at the moment only iOS supported; the Input for other systems will be available in the next releases;
* iOS: added D-pad for more precise cursor positioning in the pattern editor;
* iOS: added Audio Copy/Paste (Intua Audio Sharing); Sonoma compatible; Where to find: Main menu -> Export/import -> Copy/Paste;
* iOS: added multitouch support to Touch Theremin;
* iOS: added multitouch support to piano keyboard;
* added base MIDI IN/OUT in versions for Linux (ALSA), OSX and iOS (CoreMidi), Windows (MM);
* supported commands for MIDI IN: NoteON/OFF;
* supported commands for MIDI OUT: NoteON/OFF; Control Change; Program Change; Bank Select;
* use controllers with number 80+X to send MIDI Control Change; where the X is MIDI Controller Number; for example: 8100 8000 - set Modulation (MSB and LSB) to the max value;
* added ASIO support (for Windows only);
* added Preferences (in the Main menu);
* templates support (in the Preferences);
* fixed bug with overload of EQ module;
* added new songs and instruments (samples);
* many bugs fixed.