REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
The Muscle System Pro
This is a must have app for anyone studying anatomy. It has been designed for students from basic to advanced level of anatomical medical knowledge as well as medical professionals. It is far more interactive than flash cards with several amazing features (see below) and has an interactive quiz section for testing your knowledge of the the muscle system.
It can be used as a powerful reference tool that allows the user to zoom in and identify an individual muscle, part of a muscle within the full muscle system.
• Ability to zoom in and identify any region, muscle or muscle part.
• Ability to rotate the muscle or region for anterior, lateral, posterior and medial views, inferior and superior views are available where appropriate.
• Ability to drill down and remove each layer of muscle - revealing deeper muscles (up to 7 layers).
• Over 350 high-quality 3-Dimensional images of the muscle.
• Over 1,000 flags that label all muscles.
• Label descriptions that include Origin, Insertion, Action and Nerve Supply.
• An index that finds any muscle.
• Ability to test yourself with a fun Quiz function.
• No internet connection required.
HOW TO USE:
The user is presented with a high-quality 3D model/image of the full muscle system. The user can zoom in to any area - by tapping on a region - tapping again will zoom in further - eventually the user will have zoomed into a individual muscle or muscle region. The user can then identify the different parts by pressing on the flags. There is also a super Magnification Mode that greatly magnifies a muscle part allowing the user to press on flags that are close together!
The application can also be used as a visual reference tool by using the index: By simply selecting a name from the index - the application will show the user where it is located - by zooming into the appropriate region and finding and labelling the item you requested.
Throughout the app - even while zooming in - the user can get different anatomical views: anterior, lateral, posterior, medial and even inferior and superior where appropriate.
This is a handy and fun testing section - the user is asked which area they would like to be tested on - and then the application asks them to zoom in and identify a particular muscle. If after three attempts the user is unable to identify the muscle - he/she can ask the app to show them.
If you have any feedback or suggestions - or how we can make this app better - please email us at: MuscleFeedback@3d4medical.com
IOS 4.2 compatibility and also higher resolution graphics - twice the resolution as before!