REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1 or later
The first step in taking control of your finances is knowing where every dollar is spent. The next step is proactive budgeting so you don’t regret your choices later. MoneyWell is the modern personal finance application based on the time-tested envelope budgeting system. Instead of carrying around wads of cash divided into various expense envelopes, MoneyWell’s fresh twist takes advantage of the convenience of ATMs and debit card purchases and gives fingertip access to virtual envelopes (buckets) so users can make decisions based on their budget, not cash in bank.
MoneyWell was designed for fast data entry so users can capture purchases quickly and easily at the point of sale. After all, what good is a mobile finance app if you don’t want to use it?
MoneyWell on the iPhone works as a standalone application, but it’s even more powerful when used in conjunction with MoneyWell for Mac. Users can synchronize their MoneyWell document between multiple iOS devices and their desktop using their local WiFi network.
Like the desktop version, MoneyWell for iPhone gives you a bucket list that shows you your available spending money at a glance, so you can make wise spending decisions on the fly.
iPhone 4 and iOS 4 ready:
• High-resolution graphics take advantage of the Retina display
• Quick-switch multi-tasking aware
• Remembers where you were so you never lose your place
Quickly add new transactions:
• New Transaction button available on every list view
• Large easy to read amount and numeric entry keypad
• Quick search favorites list for autofill of payee, bucket, amount, etc.
• Large calendar view for visual date selection
Review spending history:
• Scrollable detail view allows flicking through transactions
• View by bucket, account or recent transactions
• Filter by type or partial name match
• See account or bucket balances instantly
Sync with MoneyWell for Mac:
• Grab all your accounts, buckets, transactions and favorites
• See your bucket balances while you’re out shopping
• Enter your transactions at the point of sale
• Sync when you get home to keep your desktop up to date
• Allows for multiple iOS devices so you and your spouse can stay in sync
Control your cash flow:
• Set spending plan amounts for buckets
• Flow money between buckets if you need money for a dinner out
• Use your income to fill your expense buckets in a couple of taps
• Check your available money in a category before you spend it
• Tap the Support button in the Setting screen to email suggestions, ask a question or report a problem
• Help is also available by going to http://moneywell-help.nothirst.com
• Fixed an issue with transaction deletions not being reflected in the UI.
• Expanded on the international currency support.
• Fixed an issue where bucket and account balances weren't being updated in split transactions.
• Fixed an issue where split children would have different dates then their parent.
==New in Version 1.1==
• Requires MoneyWell for Mac v1.6.2 to sync with this version of MoneyWell for iPhone.
• Added support for transfers.
• Added support for split transactions.
• Added a preference to display pending bucket balances.
• Syncing is now very much improved with many fixes for reported issues.
• Significantly improved international currency support.
• Starting bucket balances can now be set from the bucket detail screen.
• Deleting buckets now prompts you to choose a bucket in which to merge transactions and money flows.
• Fixed an issue where transaction statuses would not be synced properly.
• Fixed a rotation lock issue on iPad.
• Fixed an issue where Favorite memos weren't being applied to new transactions.
• Fixed an issue where memos added to a bucket would not stick.
• Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when adding Transactions, Accounts, or Buckets.