REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
PocketCPR for iPhone ™ provides REAL-TIME feedback and instructions on CPR that empowers ANYONE to learn and practice CPR, so that they can be READY when seconds really count!!! The technology is the same as that used in PocketCPR, an FDA-cleared device, for actual rescue from sudden cardiac arrest.
Pocket CPR for iPhone is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help.
PocketCPR for iPhone:
• Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the iPhone for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing.
• Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer.
Other CPR prompting devices can provide instructions on CPR or encourage you on the steps and pace of CPR, but ONLY PocketCPR for iPhone can:
1. Give instructions.
2. Prompt on the steps for proper CPR.
3. AND give you REAL-TIME feedback on the chest compressions you deliver.
PocketCPR for iPhone will remind you to Call for Help, to provide ventilations according to guidelines (optional), and to perform CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Assocation and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
Pocket CPR for iPhone features include:
• Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival.
• Option to go straight to chest compressions for those who are familiar with the initial Chain of Survival steps.
• Precise metronome to pace chest compressions.
• Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower.
• Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions.
• Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer.
• Prompts to remind the user to provide ventilations after the detection of 30 chest compressions.
• Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR.
• Complete Instructions for Use.
NOTE: The Pocket CPR for iPhone is currently for training and practice purposes only. The application is not yet cleared by the U.S. FDA for use in an actual rescue.
This version now includes an in-app purchase to acquire a complete Adult CPR Training Program that teaches CPR skills according to the latest American Heart Association CPR and ILCOR Guidelines as published on October 18, 2010.
Purchase the CPR Training Program and receive 9 video modules each teaching a separate aspect of CPR in sequence. The video modules include Scene Safety, Chest Compression, Optional Airway and Rescue Breathing, and others. The video and practice program will prepare you for the written and practical exams. You will be given coaching and instruction in real-time during your actual CPR chest compression practice.
Your iPhone becomes your personal CPR Instructor and Coach.
Upon successful completion of the CPR course, you will be shown your chest compression performance as measured by the sophisticated algorithms and the iPhone's accelerometer. You will also be afforded the opportunity to purchase and receive and register your official ZOLL Medical PocketCPR course completion certificate along with your performance results and to email them as well. And you can post your accomplishment to Facebook.
In addition, all the brand new features of Version 2.1 are available including:
All New 2010 CPR Guidelines Update.
• PocketCPR for iPhone by ZOLL Medical has all new graphics and many new features since version 1.
• Support for both Metric and English CPR depth values.
• Ability to change from American Heart Association (AHA) to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) CPR guidelines.
• This release incorporates all the changes in the methods of CPR according to the just-published 2010 American Heart Association, International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, and European Resuscitation Council guidelines for CPR.
• The new C-A-B (Compression-Airway-Breathing) sequence is used to guide users to perform proper CPR under the latest recommendations.
• Hands-Only, or Compression Only CPR option still available from main menu.
• The new rate for chest compressions (over 100 per minute) is used.
• The new depth for chest compressions (at least 2 inches or 5 centimeters).
• The Look-Listen-Feel steps for checking breathing have been eliminated per AHA/ERC guidelines.
Other New Features include:
• All new chest compression coaching screen with improved point-of-view and graphics.
• More precise and responsive chest compression depth and rate feedback while practicing CPR.
• Easily configure display options from within the app, including the Emergency Service phone number
• All new graphics and screen animations to better instruct the user in the lifesaving skills of proper CPR.
• Ability to capture and email CPR compression data and accelerometer data allowing the user to record the quality of the CPR chest compression training.
• The user can now enable or disable Auto Advance in the app. This feature allows the user to choose whether the app will automatically advance each screen after a pre-determined time period, or the user can choose to advance each step of CPR manually by swiping the screen right-to-left or using the standard navigation buttons. This will give the user who is practicing CPR the chance to focus on each step more carefully before practicing in a "real-time" scenario.
- This version also includes the ability to post to Facebook and Twitter from within the app. Tweet and post to your Facebook wall your CPR training accomplishments.