REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
BarMax: California Edition. Harvard lawyers teamed with top iPhone developers to produce BarMax, the only complete bar exam prep course (2 months of lectures, Calendar and Task List to Keep You Organized, Unlimited Personal Attention/Support from BarMax, Essay, MBE, Performance Test, and Flash Cards) available for purchase in the iPhone App Store. Plus it is the only course with 1,371 REAL previous MBE questions, and over 100 REAL previous essay exams.
"So what do you get for your $1,000 BarMax CA app? A lot, actually. The app is over 1 gigabyte in size, which is the largest application I've ever seen. It includes thousands of pages of materials as well as hundreds of hours of audio lectures. It's all the information you could ever want for the two-month course." --The Washington Post
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, and try BarMax MPRE in the App Store for a FREE Trial Version of BarMax to evaluate the course materials. Note: BarMax CA offers several features not present in BarMax MPRE, including Practice Essays and Performance Tests.
Take 50 pounds of books and condense them into the palm of your hand. Once you purchase the app, we send you a complete Welcome Packet with hundreds of pages of supplemental material, DOWNLOADABLE OUTLINES, PRACTICE EXAMS, and a PRINTOUT PACKET. Thus, we encourage you to study with your laptop and paper in addition to the iPhone, and we provide the materials.
Students are already loving it:
"Although I've only had the BarMax application for a few weeks, I am already a huge fan. I've had zero problems with the application and it has been very helpful to listen to the lectures." --Craig G, actual BarMax student
“The MBE portion of the program is quite attractive… kudos for that. In my eyes, that feature is BIG. I am sold on the device and the mode of study (great for listening in the car and using the app on breaks).” --Steff C, actual BarMax student
BarMax’s Advisory Board includes (oversees content):
- Charles Nesson, J.D. Professor, Harvard Law School. Founder, Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet & Society.
- Paul Pelosi, Jr. Esq. NASA. JD/MBA Georgetown University.
- Christopher Blazejewski, Esq. Sherin and Lodgen LLP. JD, Harvard University.
- Dr. Alan J. Lipman, Ph.D., J.D. Director, Washington Legal Psychological Consulting, served as Professor, Georgetown University.
- Michael Allen, Esq. President, Lateral Link. JD, Harvard University.
Don't worry if you don't own an iPhone--we can ship you an iPod Touch as part of your package that will run the app.
We offer all of this for one fourth of the price of current packages on the market. We are using the revolutionary technology behind the iPhone to enable bar prep at a much better price, and to teach students in a much better way.
- 2 months of lecture: outlines & audio lectures for all 12 subjects
- Calendar to guide you through 2 month program
- Email support (live contact with Harvard-educated lawyers)
- Skeleton outlines on your laptop (emailed to you) for note taking
- 1,371 real practice MBE questions from previous exams categorized by subject
- Over 800 flashcards categorized by subject
- 108 real practice CA essay questions with sample answers
- 20 real practice CA performance tests with sample answers
- Welcome packet with all the materials in MS Word format and hard copy printout option
- Lifetime access to the app and course materials once you purchase
- Great tips and tricks on how to perform on exam day and structure your studying
- Review includes: Constitutional Law, Contracts, Crimes, Evidence, Real Property, Torts, Remedies, Professional Responsibility, Civil Procedure, Business Associations (Corporations, Agency & Partnership), Trusts & Wills, and Community Property
- Multitasking support in iOS 4.
- Background audio support: Lectures will continue to play if you leave the app in iOS 4.