REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPad.
Requires iOS 3.2 or later
GoodReader for iPad
GoodReader is the super-robust PDF reader for iPad - the #1 selling non-Apple app for iPad in USA in 2010! Mashable describes it as “a Swiss Army knife of awesome!” Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPad, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to use your iPad without GoodReader.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines, and renderings of 100 mb and more with great speed. The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
The latest version of GoodReader adds the ability for you to sync your files with remote servers! Now you can:
• sync with iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync and any WebDAV, FTP or SFTP server
• sync entire folders or individual files separately
“GoodReader has a beautiful soul.” Mobilitysite
GoodReader not only supports massive PDF and TXT files, but also handles the most popular file types:
• MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls
• iWork ’08/’09
• HTML and Safari webarchives
• High resolution images
• Even audio and video!
“Ultimately, GoodReader is one of those apps that makes the iPad better. It’s a solid, reliable productivity app that will certainly enhance the user experience of anyone who wants to make the iPad part of their workflow.” 148apps
ANNOTATE! Annotation is a feature long sought after by users who want to add their own mark-ups to PDFs, especially those collaborating as a team on shared documents. The types of annotations that can be created and edited in GoodReader include typewriter text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, text insertion marks.
MANAGE FILES! GoodReader lets you create folders, move, copy and rename your files; zip, email and unzip them; plus send your files to other apps.
TRANSFER FILES! Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with iDisk, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, FTP and SFTP servers.
SYNC YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS! The amazing new Auto Sync feature will work with MobileMe iDisk, Dropbox, SugarSync, box.net, and any other WebDAV, FTP or SFTP server.
“Possibly the greatest app of all time.” Damego
PDF HYPERLINKS! The PDF hyperlink feature allows you to quickly jump back and forth within the document. Tapping a link quickly whisks you across a huge PDF book in an instant, and the “Go Back” button will take you back to the page you came from.
MORE VIEWING AREA! With no bars or buttons blocking the text, you’ll experience true full-screen reading. Do your document’s pictures split in halves across two pages? That’s not a problem with GoodReader – one of the only apps to offer a special double-page mode for viewing the entire spread! And if large page margins are annoying, get rid of them with GoodReader’s special PDF crop tool!
ZOOM! You can even use the 50x zoom, giving you a better view without distorting the image. Perfect for PDF maps and drawings.
TEXT SEARCH! If you know what you’re looking for, the Text Search feature helps you find your way to the exact info you want in any PDF or TXT file.
TONS OF OTHER FEATURES! We keep surprising our existing users with new features by constantly releasing free updates. We don't just do small fixes, we actually improve the app all the time!
LEARN MORE! www.goodreader.net
• accessing <b>SFTP</b> servers + <b>SFTP Sync</b>• new type of sync - <b>"Download only" sync</b>. This type of sync doesn't care what happens with your local files, it never puts anything on a server, never deletes anything from it, it only looks for fresh remote files and downloads them. Great for centralized document distribution to a group of people, when documents are frequently updated.
• PDF Annotations: <b>font size</b> can now be changed for text boxes and Typewriter tool
• PDF Annotations: Typewriter tool now respects page rotation
• more stable Dropbox connection
• Sync feature now creates a new synchronized local folder right away. This addresses the issue when previously you had to re-download entire folder from the beginning in case if connection breaks during an initial downloading when setting up sync for a large folder. Now you can simply resume from where it failed.
• Sync feature now attaches an existing local folder with existing files to a new sync record instead of creating a new empty folder. This addresses the issue when previously you had to upload a large collection of local files to a server, just to download them again to set up sync for this collection. Now you can create an empty folder with the same name on a server, and sync it to an existing local folder with existing local files.
• new sync conflict action - "Discard this conflict, files are identical". This action allows to avoid unnecessary transfer if there is a formal sync conflict, but you know for sure that files are identical. Also useful for initial syncing of already existing identical files.
Was new in v.3.4.0:
PDF Annotations improvements:
• <b>Annotations Summary</b> - browse a file's annotations list, EMail it or print it via AirPrint
• <b>Typewriter</b> tool with optional <b>callouts</b> - print your notes directly on a page, point your callouts to wherever needed
• Squiggly underlines
• "Author" field can now be set in app settings, to tag your own annotations in a summary list
... and more
Was new in v.3.3.0:
• <b>Synchronization</b> with remote servers
• <b>SugarSync</b> support
• web browser can now be locked with a password
• entire folders can now be downloaded from remote servers, no need to download files one-by-one now
• several files and folders can now be downloaded from remote servers at once - select what you need to download and press the "Download" button
• file lists can now be sorted by name, size and date, both ascending and descending orders are available
• PDF Annotations: "cloudy" shapes
• PDF Crop Margins feature now offers the "Crop to current view" button: zoom in and pan to whatever you'd like to see on the screen after the cropping, and this button will crop out the rest, making the cropped page's aspect ratio match the screen's one
... and more