REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Contour, the award-winning story development system that
streamlines the process of turning your movie ideas from
first glimmer to full outline, is now available for the iPhone.
Wherever you go with your iPhone, your screenwriting ideas
can now come with you!
Created by Emmy Award-nominated Jeffrey Alan Schechter,
the Contour system teaches you how to use the same
character-based structure that nearly all the Hollywood
blockbuster movies use. This system is based on
simple-to-understand principles and has been field tested
resulting in millions of dollars worth of writing assignments
and script sales. Start creating solid stories that hold together
from Fade In to Fade Out.
Use Contour on its own or export it to your desktop version
of Contour when you get back to your Mac. Either way,
Contour has you covered.
Step by Step
With its intuitive, fill-in-the-blanks approach, Contour
shows you exactly what elements need to be in your script,
never again leaving you to wonder, "what comes next?"
If you are a screenwriter, this is a must-have tool to
tighten up your masterpiece.
The Contour System
The key to the success of the Contour system is the ability to
break down a story to a simple structure. Using Contour,
• Answer the 4 simple questions that shape most every
screenplay in the top 50.
• Develop the single-sentence logline that lays out your
entire script like a roadmap.
• Identify the 4 archetypes every protagonist moves through
from "fade in" to "fade out."• Lay out the 12 foundation beats of ACT ONE.
• Discover a system of breaking down ACT TWO that is so
ruthlessly easy you will never get stuck on page 55 again.
• Craft the 4 final beats of ACT THREE that readers and
audiences expect and that define your script as marketable
More Contour Features:
• Flesh out a main character and codify their motivations and
• Quickly recognize archetypes which protagonists journey
through in all the top movies.
• Go from concept to bulletproof outline in less time than
• Learn a flexible yet exact plot point and beat structure that
works for all genres.
• Develop a compelling logline.
Want to see even more samples of how Contour works?
Follow Jeffrey Alan Schechter's personal blog as he breaks
down current screenplays in Contour.