REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later
How to Cook Everything
This bestselling, first-of-its-kind app of New York Times columnist Mark Bittman's bestselling cookbook includes 2,000 recipes and 400 how-to illustrations — plus specially designed features for the mobile user.
A newly added feature converts temperatures and quantities to metric for those who prefer metric measurements.
Here’s some of what’s on tap:
• From this award-winning book: Mark Bittman’s 2,000 recipes and recipe variations— as well as his no-nonsense cooking guidance, including hundreds of how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, as well as the ability to browse recipes and reference information
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps
• Well-organized shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients — and whatever other groceries you need at home
• Convenient printing of recipes and shopping lists from devices running iOS 4.2
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipe, Quick Dinners, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes
• All recipe and reference content is embedded in the app, which means that you can use the app even if you don't have a network connection
• Full support for iOS 4 multitasking. iOS 4 users also gain the ability to swipe between recipe steps with a flick across the screen, the ability to add recipes to the calendar app, and step timers that run even when the app is not running.
• Stunning high resolution graphics optimized for the Retina display.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you're cooking with your social network!
• Be global: Automatically convert temperatures and quantities to metric if that's your preference.
• This app is the perfect complement to the book and an invaluable reference.
If you have an iPad, you may want to check out the iPad-optimized How to Cook Everything for iPad app.
We think users of the app say it best:
“I don't often do feedback, but I thought I have to in this instance! Y'all need to hear it. I bought and downloaded your Mark Bittman iPhone cookbook yesterday. I was struck by how well it was designed for the iPhone. Great, great interface. Just Beautiful. Well executed. I love it. Thank you so much.”
“Love your app! It has inspired me to take culinary adventures. Aside from the no-nonsense approach I am also liking the variations for the recipes. I appreciate the way it encourages creativity.”
“Thank you so much for bringing "How to Cook Everything" to the iPhone! I love the cookbook and am so happy that there is now an App... in fact, I just gifted it to my mother, sisters and sister-in-law”
Version 1.5 adds support for metric conversions and support for directly posting the recipes you're cooking to Facebook and Twitter.
Version 1.5.2 corrects a number of small issues, including:
✓ Improve recovery from program termination during index build.
✓ Fix an issue that could result in the "Searching" box remaining on the screen after a search was complete.