REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later.
Quickly mockup iPhone Apps on your iPhone, publish your App Design to PDF or export to code for protototyping.
Dapp is a clean, Apple UI Standard professional Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool for Designing Apps on the move.
Dapp was initially created and used by our small company to quickly create mockups, prototyping and develop native iPhone Applications. It was also intended to minimize miscommunications between designers, developers and clients.
We believe fellow iPhone app developers will find the export to code feature very useful. New developers can use Dapp to help learn how to code and experienced developers can use it to speed up the development process.
Featured by Apple in "NEW & NOTEWORTHY" and "WHAT'S HOT" in over 70 countries
*** QUICKLY TURN YOUR APP IDEAS IN TO ACTUAL MOCKUP DESIGNS ****
Sometimes great iPhone app ideas come when you least expect them. Quickly create a visual presentation of your App Design on your iPhone anytime, anywhere.
Follow these simple steps to get started.
1. Tap on the Designs button then press the + button to create a new App Design
2. Select an existing Design and tap on the + button to add a Page to the Design.
3. Select a Page in your Design, then tap on View Mode and select the Add Object button.
4. Select the object you wish to add to your page and press the Done button to create it.
FULL DESIGN CONTROLS
Customise your own colours, images, lists and more with a wide range of objects to choose from
EXPORT TO PDF OPTION
Share and email your design to clients or colleagues. Or print your design in PDF and write additional details in the Notes section.
DESIGNING ON A VISUAL CANVAS
Customize, stretch, drag and color your designs on the fly. Dapp has a range of handy little helpers to complete your prototyping with ease.
**** TURN YOUR APP DESIGN INTO A PROTOTYPE ON THE IPHONE ****
Follow these simple steps to get started.
1. Tap on the Designs button and select an existing App Design
2. Press the Design Options button and select the 'Convert Views into Code' option
3. A compressed collection of code files is automatically created for you, simply press the send button to directly mail a copy
Link pages in your design with table views, toolbars and buttons.
LEARN HOW TO CODE YOUR APP DESIGN IN IOS SDK
Watch the step-by-step online tutorials or use the resource files on how to export your app design to XCode in your Mac and preview a prototype on your iPhone or iPhone Simulator.
Video Tutorial - Quickly develop a working basic RSS Feed app with Dapp: www.dapp.kerofrog.com.au/blog
**** DESIGN FRIENDLY ***
Move, stretch, tweak or copy with these handy Dapp helpers:
- Movement Handles for moving small tricky objects.
- Clone Objects, Designs and individual pages and save time.
- Snap to Guide-lines for precision.
*** A LITTLE BIT OF TWEAKING GOES A LONG WAY***
All iOS SDK Objects can be customized according to the Apple UI Standards. Customizing the properties of an Object can range from simple to complex tweaking.
- Custom Images for your App Design, from your iPhone library or camera.
- Opacity settings for layering semi-transparent objects.
- Font Size and Style, many to choose from.
- Custom Colors to suit your App Design
- Layers control to re-arrange the display order of any object in your design.
*** WHAT MAKES DAPP A PREFFERED MOCKUP AND PROTOTYPING TOOL? ***
Design your next app with Dapp...
"Dapp is a seriously powerful application which makes editing rather simple. With various export options that allow you to share designs with clients or prepare it for code, Dapp should be an essential part of every developer’s toolkit." -- MacStories.net
Slap your app together in a Snap!
"Dapp is a great tool for both new and existing developers. It’s super easy to use and has a ton of options when it comes to customization." -- Touchmyapps.com
- Updated OS Deployment target to re-enable Dapp on the iPad
- Text views in Live Preview now have scrolling enabled
- Corrected localization issue with decimal numeric values (font size now works for non-english localization)
- Updated PDF export look and removed Dapp logo
If you enjoy using Dapp, then please support us by writing an iTunes review. Doing so will help us continue to add features and improvements to Dapp.