REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
HRM Sports Training Log FM
HRM Sports Training Log - Polar, Garmin and SportTracks training logs on your iPhone.
Designed by a triathlete for triathletes, runners, bikers, and swimmers.
The HRM Sports Training Log lets you transfer your training data (Polar Protrainer, Polar Precision Performance, Garmin Training Center History and SportTracks), saved on your PC or Mac, to your iPhone, allowing you to view daily, weekly and monthly information in a very simple manner.
Before purchasing, please read "What the HRM Sports Training Log doesn't do" to make sure this is the right app for you.
- Runs both on iPhone and iPad.
- Main screen divided into a calendar and a list of activities.
- Calendar with daily/weekly totals, summarizing daily distances, times, ascent, calories.
- Information is color-coded.
- Activity lists details statistics for day/week/month.
- Can email summary and detailed spreadsheets of daily, weekly and monthly activities.
- Detailed view of the activity shows some extra summary info (if available) such as Cadence, Ascent, Heart Rate, Max and Average Speeds and Paces.
- Heart Rate, Speed, Pace, Cadence and Altitude data (if available) can be displayed in a graph.
- Create different user profiles. Coaches can keep track of different athletes.
- Extensive Help screens.
- Can customize sport names and aliases.
- Can download from Garmin Connect. Note: As this feature depends on how Garmin Connect works, we might have to release updates (free) in the case of changes by Garmin.
- Partially internationalized. Help is in English. Buttons, prompts and alerts are in English, French and Italian.
This app is under continuous development, which in a large part will be due to feedback from you, the user.
You have asked for a lot of different features. Here are some of them that we are considering/working on.
- Year and Month list views.
- Transfer zip files.
- Equipment details.
- Filter activities based on device, sport, equipment.
- Modify single activities
- Better integration with Garmin Connect
- implementation of other devices and web connections.
- More internationalization.
IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ
What the HRM Sports Training Log doesn't do:
- It does not record training sessions; it only lets you view training data recorded from other devices such as Garmin and Polar watches, or collected using SportTracks.
- The current version does not allow you to modify activities and you cannot transfer them back to PC or Mac.
- The current version does not show maps of your training.
What you must have to use the HRM Sports Training Log:
- Only supports Polar.hrm/.pdd files, Garmin History .tcx files and SportTracks ".fitlog" files.
- In order to transfer data you must be able to connect to the iPhone. With this app you can do this in the following manner:
1) Connect the iPhone in the same WiFi network where your PC/Mac is connected and not have a firewall on port 2100.
2) or have a Mac/PC which has WiFi (you can create your own ad-hoc WiFi network without having a WiFi router/network).
3) be able to connect on your cellular data network with a public IP address. You can verify this by going to the "whatismyip.com" using Safari on your iPhone.
If the IP address does not begin with "10." , "172." or "192." then most likely you have a public IP address. Note: This connection will be much slower than a WiFi connection.
4) Currently, if you have your data on the "Garmin Connect" website and you have a connection to the Internet on your iPhone, you can retrieve data from "Garmin Connect"
(Note: this works with the current "Garmin Connect", if there are eventual changes by Garmin to their website we will do our best to update the app so that it always works with "Garmin Connect").
It's been some time since the last release but the app is still alive and we've been hearing from many of you. This release incorporates changes for some of the problems you have come across and some enhancements made from your requests.
We hope to shorten the time between releases and great new features in the future.
NOTE: If you are interested in purchasing the app, PLEASE READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE PURCHASING.
SECOND NOTE: If you are having a problem with the app, instead of writing a bad review, write me first, firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond immediately. We can fix whatever your problem is.
Here is a list of some of the things we have changed and added:
* You can now email activities in ".csv" format (spreadsheet). Daily, weekly or monthly details and summaries.
* Toolbar graphics redone.
* Fixed the entry of the username/password so that even if you dismiss the keyboard the data you entered is saved.
* Incremented the number of users from 25 to 100.
* Incremented the number of activities per day from 10 to 25 (yes, some people have asked for more than 10!)
* We now display graphs and summary data from ".tcx" files which don't contain summary data.
* We calculate average HR, max HR and max speed from ".tcx" files
* If no activity name associated with a ".tcx" file, we use the name of the file.
* Added cadence and descent summary values from Garmin Connect.
* We calculate average HR, max HR, max speed and max altitude from SportTracks ".fitlog" files.