REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
Tweetaholic for iPhone
Tweetaholic is a feature rich and revolutionary new Twitter application. Tweetaholic isn't looking to re-invent the wheel, rather change how you use it. Tweetaholic was developed with one key aspect, to create an enjoyable user experience. If you're tired of the same bland user interfaces that EVERY other Twitter application utilizes, Tweetaholic is for you. With notable features ranging from carousel navigation, shake to refresh time lines, and text/user black listing, there's no reason you shouldn't make it your go to application.
"Most first releases of applications are rush by developers to get them on market with plans to make the needed improvements in future upgrades. Although there are changes planned for Tweetaholic in the future it is refreshing to see the patience put into the first build." - BerryScoop
"Overall, I’m really liking Tweetaholic. It has a unique UI that really stands out, and great set of features that I think everyone will enjoy." - MobilitySite
- If you are currently playing a song in the iPod application in the background, just press the attachment button in the new tweet screen and you will have an option called "Now Playing"
- Includes song name and artist name, as well as a TinySong link to the song so that your friends can check out what you are listening to
- Repost any tweet on your timeline to Facebook for your friends to see, even if it's from a protected user
- Repost any link you follow in a tweet, in the very same format that you would if posting a link from the desktop Facebook website
- Your primary point of interest is the navigation carousel, here is where you have access to all features at the flick of your finger.
- Shows a "preview" with the latest item in your timeline, mentions, and messages
- Tap the bird in the bottom right corner to quickly post a new tweet, or do so from the timeline or mentions menu
- Filter out certain words from your timeline, mentions, and messages. For example, if you add "#nowplaying", then you will never see a tweet containing the word "#nowplaying" again.
- Filter out certain users from your timeline and mentions. This is incredibly useful if there is a user you follow so that you can DM each other, but you do not want to see their tweets on your timeline.
With the tap of a button in the new tweet screen, you can do the following:
- Automatically shorten words like "with" and "at" to "w/" and "@" respectively
- Convert ASCII emoticons to their native Emoji counterparts, like ":)" and "(Y) will be converted to and respectively
- Make any links shorter using the Bit.ly URL shortener service
- Geotag any of your tweets
- Tweet your current coordinates
When following a link in a tweet, you will have the following options:
- Retweet it
- E-Mail it to a friend
- Add it to your Instapaper for later reading
- Post it to your Facebook
- All information is contained within an in-line view. By selecting the corresponding button for the timeline you'd like to view, it will auto-populate within the window.
Tweetaholic has all the features that you would find in your normal run-of-the-mill Twitter client, such as:
- Ability to post pictures using the yFrog, TwitPic, and TweetPhoto services
- Ability to post videos using the yFrog service, with support for more services coming soon
- Multiple accounts
- Support for Twitlonger for tweets longer than 140 characters
- Support for Twitter Lists and API-style Retweeting
- Search through all public tweets for a string of text