REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later.
"Once upon a time there came along an app that changed the world of storytelling..." Canadian Family
“The Pedlar Lady of Gushing Cross” is a 3D animated interactive storytelling app featuring film-calibre, sophisticated 3D animated illustrations and text, original music, professional voiceover in English and Spanish, and evocative filmic sound effects.
The story, inspired by the age-old tale of a man who becomes rich through a dream, describes the journey of a poor pedlar woman who, guided by the shifting line between the real and the unreal, discovers a surprising and wonderful treasure.
The app, the first in Moving Tales’ “Classic World Tales” series, is a state-of-the-art digital ‘mash-up’ of methods from the worlds of ebook publishing, graphic novels, film and interactive media.
“The Pedlar Lady” also features randomly selected alternate views, sound effects and extras, so that no two viewings are alike. It offers sophisticated and dynamic typography, poetic language, and a Spanish option that allows viewers to listen to and see the story in Spanish and English, and even alternate between the two as the story is being experienced.
With “The Pedlar Lady”, Moving Tales establishes a truly original and engaging new world of storytelling.
Pedlar Lady Features
- sophisticated 3D animation on every page of the book
- original music, voice over and sound effects
- animate the text using the iPad’s accelerometer
- coverflow-like navigation
- page swipe or tap for page turning
- auto page turning option
- sound effects only sound option
- compelling narrative
- randomly selected alternate views and extras to ensure no two viewings alike
- randomly selected sound effects
- sophisticated and dynamic typographic layout
- evocative poetic language
- Spanish option - choose to hear and display the story in Spanish as well as English
See the trailer here:
"This is by far the best story telling app on the market. Simply delicious... You really have to experience it to fully get it...." BestiPadHacks.com
"This is just amazing... If these folks can keep up this quality in future books, not only do they have a customer for life in me, but I also predict that this company will become the Pixar of animated e-books." Blogger Eolake, Lancashire, United Kingdom
"I don’t have an iPad and wasn’t in a hurry to get one, but after looking at your video, I simply need an iPad just so I can get your App!! I love where it can take stories for children and its just stunning to look at. I’m also a huge fan of Alan Clarkes character designs. Well done!" Cathal Gaffney, Co-founder/ CEO of Brown Bag Films – Two-time Academy Award nominated studio
- Stability improvements.
- Newly-implemented random sounds - in combination with the existing random alternate camera selections ensure there are literally thousands of unique viewings of the story.
- Additional image and sound accents - for example, the jewel in Crow’s beak is now red, we can hear the bumblebee and we have added a lovely humming ditty from the pedlar herself.