REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later.
HD Remote allows you to browse and play your XBMC/Plex movies and series libraries.
- Browse movies based on title, year and genre.
- Browse series based on title and genre.
- Browse all media sources.
- Play any movie, episode, or any other video file on your mediacenter.
- Queue and play any number of items.
- Support for XBMC and Plex.
- Supports any number of XBMC/Plex instances.
Currently, the app doesn't support music library playback/browsing. This feature is planned for an upcoming release.
How to set it up:
- In XBMC/Plex under Settings > Network enable control via HTTP.
- Make sure that the configured port isn't blocked by a firewall.
- To be more safe, put a username-password combination on it (this is an optional step).
- In HD Remote press the + button in the bottom-left and fill in the IP/port and optional username/password of the computer running the media center software.
- Add the media center after filling in the details.
- Press the "Media Centers" button and select the just added media center.
This app doesn't yet support XBMC's JSON-RPC API or Plex 9. The latter because no documentation is available on their closed source Plex Media Server application. Both will be supported within the next update. Support for the almost deprecated HTTP API will remain.
I'm aware that the newer versions of XBMC don't include the tvshowview anymore. Therefore, if you're using a recent Beta of XBMC, the series listing will not work and remain in a loading state. I've already submitted a bugfix with Apple, so please have some patience for them to approve it.
- Image caching
- Support for images locally stored in XBMC/Plex userdata directory on Media Center machine
- Small remote with basic controls
- Fixed problem where paths with non ascii characters caused browsing/playback problems
- Fixed genre filtering for series
- Fixed watched movies filter for XBMC
- Fixed bug where not all episodes showed on series overview whenever a serie is stored on different locations
- Fixed bug where an empty movie title caused the app to crash upon opening movie listing
Upon opening either the movies or series listing for the first time, the app will attempt to download all of the images used within these views. This process might take a while, but only needs to complete once per listing. It only automatically downloads images used within the overviews, and will not automatically download all posters/fanart shown in individual movie/serie views. These will be downloaded and cached once a movie or serie is selected.
All of the images downloaded are stored locally on the iPad and will not have to be downloaded again. They don't automatically update if the image is changed within XBMC/Plex yet, but that can be manually triggered from within the app.