REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPad.
Requires iOS 3.2 or later
Some quotes from reviews of KeyPad Pro:
"Ok, IMO this is the most productive app on iTunes. Period.""Really useful. I use this app with final cut pro to do some of my keystrokes. It speeds some processes up quite a bit."
"Simply great. This app challenges the imagination. It has countless possibilities not discussed such as game boards etc…""Just what I looked for.""Love it! I made a shortcut keypad for my cad software. It works great. ""This is a very cool app""Thanks for a great program!" "Very powerful app with endless possibilities."
"Great response from developer in their forum." "Great product, look forward to future updates." The ultimate wireless remote for the iPad. Create and edit elaborate control panels with buttons, sliders, dials, panners, and circular menus that control any application on your Mac or Windows. Work like a pro in Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, Aperture, Cinema4D, ZBrush, Final Cut Pro, and ANY application on your Mac or Windows using your iPad as a control panel. Swipe to rotate a 3D model, or dial to adjust brush size, or pan with your fingers to navigate a canvas, and access any tool with simple taps without moving your mouse and drilling down menus.
Controls can be colored and tagged with icons for easy access. They can be resized, rotated, and even made transparent. Images from your Photo Library can be used as backgrounds or icon images for the controls. Layout transparent controls over an image of an airplane dashboard, or on top of a picture of a Klingon vessel's control panel, and use it to control Photoshop or Microsoft Word! Numerous types of controls and combinations supported, including one that turns the iPad into a wireless trackpad!
You can purchase, from within the app, already made KeyPad layouts with a professional touch. And copy/modify any KeyPad layout you purchase to suit your particular needs. Layouts for various productivity apps added regularly to the KeyPad in-app Store.
You can share any of your keypad creations with other KeyPad Pro users through the in-app KeyPad Forum or via email. All keypads in the KeyPad Forum are freely downloadable, can be reviewed by the user base, duplicated and refined, and can include custom artwork.
Check out the app website at:
for more details and many video tutorials.
- Powerful control panel editor.
- Buttons, sliders, dials, panners, menu controls; scalable and rotatable; transparent controls.
- Use built-in artwork or your own photos for backgrounds and icon imagery.
- Control to turn iPad into a wireless trackpad or keyboard for your computer.
- Purchase professionally made keypads from the in-app KeyPad Store.
- Download free keypads shared by other users through the in-app KeyPad Forum; support for custom artwork.
- Share your control panel creations via email.
- Bonjour automatic network communication over WiFi, or manual mode to bypass some firewalls.
- Tunable delay for hold and double tap; sound effects for feedback.
- Support for keystrokes through ASCII codes for those special characters that are sometimes needed.
- Device memorization and pairing with secure passwords.
- Video tutorials on Vimeo and extensive in-app documentation.
- All iPad orientations supported.
- Mac and Windows support.
- Mac OS X 10.5+ running on an Intel-based Mac
- or Windows XP, Vista, or 7
- KeyPad Server application freely downloadable from app website
- Some pre-made layouts require plugins that are freely downloadable from app website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you download the latest version of Keypad Server as this update requires it for proper functioning.
Version 2.0 is a major upgrade. Thanks to all for the suggestions. As you can see, we have implemented many of them!
- Added a new function to display the iPad Keyboard and use the ipad as an external wireless keyboard.
- Added a new function to turn the iPad into a large mouse trackpad or tablet for drawing.
- Added a control to "tab" through different keypads quickly - for those powerhouse applications with loads of controls like Final Cut Pro.
- All controls can now be sized and rotated.
- All controls can now have tunable transparency - use to lay out controls over your custom background in free form.
- Added help reference for keystrokes. Revamped the help system with detailed in-app documentation. Added extensive short video tutorials than can be accessed from within KeyPad Pro.
- Added option to lock keypad orientation.
- Added "move mode" to do quick rearrangements of the controls.
Moving controls is now more intuitive and snaps to the grid better.
- Forum submissions can now have custom artwork served by dopperthepom.com directly from within KeyPad Pro.
- You can now share keypads and custom artwork via email.
Control overlay state (such as sliders and dials being open or closed) is now remembered across sessions.
- Added a button to spread the word about KeyPad Pro via social networks.
- KeyPad Pro now disables iPad's sleep mode when a keypad is displayed.
- Fixed short delay option bug in Edit mode.
- Corrected and refined mouse button functions.
- Fixed issue that affected some PNG transparencies.
- Stability improvements across the board, interface refinements throughout.