REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies
New and Noteworthy on iTunes! Audubon Butterflies is your essential guide to 653 butterflies of North America. Now you can identify every species in your backyard, parks, gardens, the woods or fields with thousands of professional color photographs.
NOTE: Purchase the "Audubon Birds and Butterflies" combination app and save $5.00 off the individual app purchase.
Contains in-depth, authoritative information based on the National Audubon Society’s Field Guides to Butterflies with updates by Rick Cech, a natural history author and one of the world's leading butterfly experts. Look for an additional 60 rare species in a future update.
• In-depth Descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and much more
• Over 2,000 beautiful color photographs detailing each species with extraordinary clarity.
• A detailed reference section, which includes detailed butterfly natural history
• Sync on demand lets you update new species information as it is added to our database, including photos, bird songs and calls, more
• Identify with accuracy. Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Search by multiple “advanced search” variables including size, region, zip code, color, shape, and habitat
• Navigate back and forth between species information, personalized Life Lists and Sightings, search functions and more with ease and clarity.
• Record your field experiences using the Life Lists, Sightings, and Photo Albums features. Track a sighting using the iPhone’s GPS. Take a picture of it with the camera, add notes, and save to the App for records of your nature adventures
• Use the app on your iPhone or iTouch anywhere, anytime. No Internet connection necessary.
• Join our online field guide community of nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts at AudubonGuides.com
• Interact, post and share sightings, photos, tips, opinions and more • Read the blogs for insights from our naturalists in the field • Send us your suggestions, comments or requests. We also welcome submissions of high quality photography of birds and other species. You can contact us directly by selecting "Feedback" in the "More" section of the application.
- Enhanced Advanced Search
- Improved Performance and Stability