REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later.
Your pix, brewed perfectly.
The secret of perfect image-processing is the skillful blending of fresh, imported pixels, precise color temperature, and the fastest numerical filtering. Percolator packs your images with well-rounded, full-bodied color — every time.
*****App Store "New and Noteworthy" Aug, 15 - Sept. 22, 2010
*****App Store "What's Hot" Sept. 9 - 22, 2010
“Percolator is an excellent and fun diversion from the large number of vintage and toy camera apps in the App Store. It’s a unique, well-done modernist app with a fun retro wink.”
—Life In LoFi: iPhoneography, lifeinlofi.com
"I’m not kidding when I tell you that once you start playing around in Percolator, you’ll never look at pictures in the same way again. Even if you aren’t a professional designer or photographer, you can easily create some off-the-hook stuff to share with the world."—Chris Pirillo, chris.pirillo.com
What else can Percolator do?
• Transform your photos into dazzling multicolor mosaics
• Use Percolator to mix new color palettes for your designs
• Add a dash of style to stale, old typography
• Generate breathtaking patterns for website designs, page layouts or illustrations
• Use with other image apps — mix-n-match!
• Simple controls
• Use the iPhone camera in Percolator or load an image from the film roll
• Camera photos taken from Percolator are automatically saved to the film roll
• Zoom in and pan around to make sure all the details look good
• Export to the film roll. Images are exported as JPEG files with a maximum size of 2048 pixels. (1600 pixels on 1st Gen. iPhone and 1st & 2nd Gen iPod touch)
• iOS 3.1.3 and later, including iOS 4
• All iPhone and iPod Touch devices, including 1st generation iPhones! (upgraded to iOS 3.1.3)
• Any device without a camera can choose images from the photo library.
•Detail is controlled by the "Grind" setting, "Coarse" will produce the biggest circles, while "Extra Fine" will produce the smallest. ("Fine" is the smallest detail setting on 1st Gen. iPhone and 1st & 2nd Gen iPod touch)
•Close cropping will also give you larger, more detailed images.
•Once you get the hang of it, you might start seeing percolations in everything you look at. :)
•Remember: we can't respond to App Store reviews, so if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Screenshot photo credits:
1. George Eastman House Photography Collection
2, 3 & 5. John Balestrieri
4. State Library of New South Wales
Screenshots are unretouched results from Percolator. Visit www.percolatorapp.com/gallery/ to see side-by-side comparisons of before and after example images.
Want to see what other users are doing with Percolator? Check out the Percolator group on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/percolator/
• NEW Vintage bakelite control panel interface with clicky sound effect.
• NEW Detail (Grind) option: "Extra Fine" for twice the detail! (2.25x, exactly. On 3rd Gen iPod touch and iPhone 3GS and later devices.) This option can take a *significantly* longer time to run. Is it worth it? Definitely!
• NEW Brewing options:
• "Overprint" (Grind it Coarse and it feels like an oil painting)
• "Ishihara" (Looks great Served against a light background)
• "Full of Stars"• NEW Serving options:
• "Soy" (An off-white color)
• "Stirred" (A random circle's color — gives a nice harmonious effect. Shake your device to get a new color.)
• LARGER Export size: Now up to 2048 pixels tall or wide (On 3rd Gen iPod touch and iPhone 3GS and later devices; earlier devices are limited to exporting images at 1600 pixels tall or wide)
• FASTER previews
• Fixed a spelling error ("Boiling")
• Help text at launch.
• The default detail (Grind) level is now Medium (On 3GS and later). If you missed the detail and other settings before, press the Coffee Cup icon.
• The interface is more responsive and there is an activity indicator when Percolator is redrawing or exporting.
• You can now load a new picture or export the Percolation while the settings panel is open.
• Fixed the scaling of the inner dots on the Rings Brew setting.
• Fixed the scaling of imported images: Images are now upsized, as needed. If you had trouble with small imported images not gaining detail when you increased the Grind setting, this has been corrected.
• "Original Image" brew option now overlays transparent circles.
• Added a link to iTunes review page from about screen. If you like Percolator, please remember to rate or review it. If you reviewed Percolator already but missed the detail settings, please consider reviewing again. Thanks!
• Cleaned everything with white vinegar and baking soda. Rinsed & dried. All your Percolations will taste fresh again.
Any other questions? Write to us at: email@example.com