REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later
Redshift - Astronomy
THE AWARD-WINNING PLANETARIUM SOFTWARE REDSHIFT IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE, IPOD TOUCH AND IPAD!
Redshift brings the night sky to your desktop, with all major and dwarf planets, constellations and bright stars – displayed in top quality. The application goes beyond the basic planetarium because it also displays a 3D-model of the nearby part of our Galaxy.
Perform various amazing 3-D flights and visit the Moon and all planets in our Solar system. Detailed surface maps display those objects in a close-up right before your eyes. Once you have arrived at your target object, you can enter into an orbit around the celestial body – just like an astronaut in a real spacecraft.
Or choose the most thrilling option of all: Travel to the stars in the depth of the Galaxy, some of which are up to 3,000 light years away from our home planet!
Find selected objects in the sky: By using the position sensors and the compass (3GS or higher), you can reach every celestial body. Turn on the „Follow Sky“ mode of your device to identify stars and planets that shine in the real night sky in front of you.
Thrilling images present around 500 galaxies, nebulae, star clusters and other Deep Sky objects on your screen – images otherwise available only through the largest telescopes in observatories worldwide.
Every calculation within the application is done in real time for any given epoch in the 20th and 21st centuries, such as positions of stars and planets, the motion of Earth and the Moon, or flybys of comets. You can easily accelerate or slow down the progress of time by a wheel to watch the thrilling events in the night sky in full detail.
- More than 100,000 stars, 500 fascinating Deep Sky objects, 30 biggest asteroids, 10 famous comets visiting our planet, all major and dwarf planets, as well as Earth’s Moon
- Comprehensive astronomical data for all celestial objects: name (as referred to in various catalogues), distance, type, luminosity, size, rise and set times
- Retina-display support
- 3D-depiction of the solar system’s 25 major moons
- Scenic flight round stars
- Integrated display of information gathered from Wikipedia
- “Follow Sky“ mode: watch the current sky view and immediately identify a bright star or planet in front of you
- Breathtaking 3-D flights to the Moon, planets and stars
- “Observatory“ option: presents you many fascinating objects shining on the Earth’s sky
- “Day/Night” mode and realistic simulation of dawn
- “Night Vision” mode for observations during the night
- „Time travel“: Create night sky views for any location at any time in the past or in the future
- Location: Choose automatic search via GPS or select manually on the Earth’s globe
- Select from several background sound effects
- Select panoramic views as your individual horizon
See the Redshift trailer on youtube.com: http://www.youtube.com/user/unitedsoftmedia
For more information on news and updates: http://twitter.com/USM_News
- increased number of deep sky objects (up to 70,000)
- Telrad rings
- additional star catalogues
- optimized Search
- Output to external display (iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G; iOS 3.2 and up)
- Enhanced Filters
- Optimized sky view
- zooming by double-tapping
- Russian language
- Spanish language