REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPad.
Requires iOS 3.2 or later
Alien Blue HD - Reddit Client (Unofficial)
Alien Blue HD is the natural evolution of Reddit for a large touchscreen device. It is feature packed, and designed to let you interact with Reddit like never before.
With all of the features of it's iPhone counter part, Alien Blue HD packs even more features, including:
* Collapsable sidebar for navigating between posts and subreddits
* "Hide All" feature. Get fresh results every time. (syncs automatically with your hidden posts on the Reddit server).
* Night mode option for very low backlight and reduced contrast.
* Ability to search Reddit's archive of posts
* Multiple themes for viewing comments
* Manage your subreddits (including Suscribe / Unsubscribe and Re-order)
* Add / Create Posts (and Self Threads)
* Multiple / Novelty Account Support
* Instapaper and Instapaper Mobiliser Support
* Read It Later Support
* One-Tap Imgur Integration when posting (and when commenting)
* One-Tap Quoting
* Support for Casual Subreddits
* Integrated "Readability" from Arc90 for in-built browser
* One-Tap to "View All Images" in comments
* Large buttons for embedded links
* Save State (when reading posts/comments) on Exit
* "Orange Envelope" notifications from your Reddit inbox while you browse.
* Post, and edit your comments
* Exclude posts based on keywords
* Easily identify which comments are made from the Post creator. This is especially developed for AMA and AskReddit style threads.
* Collapsable comments
* Save images directly to your photo library
The Reddit logo is a licensed trademark of Conde Nast, and is used with express permission.
** Please Note ** : If you are using the developer pre-release iOS 4.2 beta with your iPad, Alien Blue HD will exhibit numerous defects (like inability to navigate in Portrait). An update for iOS 4.2 is on the way.
[Critical] Sidebar usability defects
[Critical] Reduced server load on Reddit.com
- Alien Blue now Stores/caches subreddits on the device
- Reduced number of requests to authenticate/check messages
- Reduced frequency of checking announcements
New Features / Improvements:
Added: View User Details, Karma, Submitted Comments & Posts (from a comment)
Markdown Support (Bold, Italic, Quotes, Lists, Headers etc.) - Requires iOS 3.2+
Inline Links - Requires iOS 3.2+
Footnoted Link Buttons are now optional (can be toggled under Settings)
Mod Tools :: Part 1 :: Moderator Mail
Subreddits are now cached (to allow very fast-switching)
Added "Extra Large" and "Largest" options to Text Size selection
Reduced memory footprint and improved performance
AB now shows post title, thumbnail and info while loading
Added option to Clear Browser Cookies
Added: Copy Link to Clipboard (when viewing article/photo/video)
Added: Copy Reddit Link to Clipboard (when viewing comments)
Added: Copy Comment to Clipboard
Added: Scroll to Parent Comment
Added: Email Comment
Improved visual response of subscribing and unsubscribing to subreddits
Added "Top" sub-options: All time, Today, This Week, Month etc.
Reduced right-hand padding on post titles
Added "Lookup User" feature in Subreddit Selector
Added Password Protection (under Privacy settings) to lock Alien Blue.
Fetches additional comments when asking for comment context
(Slower, but improves the likelyhood of the API returning the comment after replying or from Messages panel)
Auto-selects comment when finding context
Added "Auto-Load Posts while scrolling" option
Post titles are now used as the "Subject" when emailing a link
Added "My Profile" to Subreddit Selector
Ability to filter out subreddits (via the Exclude Posts) section
Fixed multiple rotation issues
Improved handling of URLs that contain ampersands
Patched memory leak when switching between comments
Fixed Casual Subreddits that couldn't be deleted
Fixed crash when rapidly switching back and forth between an article and its comments
Fixed occasional squashed post information at the top of comments
Fixed internal Reddit.com links showing in Browser instead of Alien Blue's Comment UI
Improved handling of connection errors and timeouts
Fixed "(null)" appearing when creating Self posts with no text content.
Fixed some posts titles from cutting off
Fixed submitter name overlapping the number of comments
Fixed unnecessary padding after post details on comment threads
Fixed "1:" links showing in 7f12u subreddit
Fixed sidebar/rendering defects after watching Youtube / TED Videos in modal view
Fixed posts coming up for the wrong subreddit when rapidly switching between subreddits
Fixed hard to tap Password field when adding Reddit Accounts, Instapaper and Read It Later