REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Handoff simplifies sending things from your computer's web browser to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It supports all sorts of content that you might want to take with you, including web pages, maps, and phone numbers. Handoff sends a push notification to make getting to the content on your device easy.
Handoff works by using a web service to connect your desktop browser to your iOS device. Once you have the app installed, all you need to do is download a browser extension or bookmarklet from http://www.handoffapp.com to get started.
* Send the current page in your browser to your phone with a single click.
* Supports multiple devices. You can handoff to your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or all of the above.
* Built in map support that supports opening maps in the iOS maps app for easy navigation to your destination.
* Push notifications notify you when your device has a new link handed off and allow you to easily access new links.
* Send selected text from a page to your device and easily copy it to your clipboard.
* Select a phone number and send it to your iPhone for easy dialing.
* Keeps a list of items to easily navigate back to older items.
* Share your links with many other apps, including Pastebot and Instapaper. (new in 1.1)
* Configure Handoff to open other apps when receiving a push or viewing items. Supported apps include Safari (and some other web browsers), YouTube, Maps, iTunes, App Store, Articles (for Wikipedia), IMDB, Yelp, and Twitter. (new in 1.1)
What customers are saying about Handoff:
"Simple. Elegant. Just works as advertised. And VERY useful.""This app is exactly what I have been looking for.""Fantastic idea elegantly executed, with top support to boot. Worth every penny!""Very intuitive and easy to use."
What the press is saying about Handoff:
"Handoff is an excellent choice to quickly send a link to your device." - theapplanet.com
"The absolute easiest way we have ever seen to share any page from the web to your iPhone from your browser with a single click." - Electric Pig
"Congratulations: You've pulled off the rare feat of releasing an app I will keep on my iPhone" - St. Paul Pioneer Press
"The webapp and mobile app look nice, the system works and it's all pretty fast." - MacStories
- Configure Handoff to open other apps when receiving a push or viewing items. Supported apps include Safari (and some other web browsers), YouTube, Maps, iTunes, App Store, Articles (for Wikipedia), IMDB, Yelp, and Twitter. Go to the Settings app to configure how these are handled.
- Long-press on a list item to share it or select where to view it on iOS 4 or later.
- Share items via a text message on iPhone (with iOS 4 or later).
- Share items by pasting to PasteBot or sending to the Instapaper app (requires Instapaper 3.0.2 or later).
- An improved list view shows multiple lines of text for long page titles.
- An edit mode allows you to easily remove items.
- Advanced settings support some custom web browser apps (including Atomic, Cyberspace, iCab Mobile, Mercury, and 360).
- Custom bit.ly credentials can be specified for sharing to Twitter via advanced settings.
- Fixed bugs and improved stability and performance.
Many of these changes were driven by the great user feedback we've been receiving. More apps and web browsers will be supported in the future based on demand and our ability to communicate with those apps (for example, some alternative web browsers don't provide a URL handler for us to use to send pages to them).