REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
★★★ NEW AVIARY IMAGE EDITING FEATURES, iOS 5 FACE DETECTION, AND YES, A SANTA HAT. SHARES WITH INSTAGRAM, CAMERA+, COLOR SPLASH, AND MORE! ★★★
Thanks to Apple for selecting Halftone as the APP OF THE WEEK in both the UK and Canada App Stores! Also, Halftone has been featured in the "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" sections. Over 1 million downloads! Thank you to all of our users for your great feature suggestions.
Halftone adds an aged halftone-style printing effect to photos to give them a unique, vintage look. With 27 paper styles, nine built-in layouts, two caption styles, six different speech balloon styles, more than 25 stamps, and the ability to choose a font (including three embedded fonts), photos can be customized, then saved to the photo album, sent via e-mail, shared with friends on Facebook and Twitter, sent to other apps like Instagram, Camera+, and Color Splash, and printed.
- Universal app that runs on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
- iOS 5 face detection for balloon placement
- 27 paper styles, from crisp and clean to distressed and aged
- Two different caption styles, including one with a large initial character and a gradient background
- Six speech balloon styles
- More than 25 stamps (BLAM!, Arrrggh!, etc.) with customizable colors
- Nine unique layouts, including layouts without any captions or borders
- Image editing, including: special effects, cropping, rotation, brightness, contrast, saturation, color adjustment, and sharpening (powered by Aviary)
- The ability to use any installed font at Small, Medium, and Large sizes
- Three licensed fonts: Digital Strip, Alter Ego, and Billy the Flying Robot
- Two of the licensed fonts include international characters (Alter Ego and Billy the Flying Robot)
- Support for front-facing camera
- Support for flash modes
- Support for camera zoom
- Support for tap to focus
- Photos are captured with the built-in camera, selected from the photo album, or pasted from the pasteboard
- Final Halftone images can be saved to the photo album, sent via e-mail, shared directly with friends on Facebook and Twitter, and printed
- Images can be sent to other compatible apps like Instagram, Camera+, Color Splash, and more!
- Images can be opened from other apps
- Choice of Twitter image upload services: yfrog and TwitPic
- Settings screen for more customization
- Ability to work with full size images
- Ability to automatically save camera images to the photo album
- Option to enable/disable blending of the original image
- Option to enable/disable pre-processing of the original image
- Option to enable/disable image cropping
- Control of halftone dot size, including the ability to turn them off
- Setting for dot gain
- Ability to easily reset to default settings
- Setting to turn off the introductory screen
+ Fixes camera bug in 1.7 - SORRY!
+ Added image editing support with Aviary tools (effects, crop, rotate, brightness, contrast, saturation, color adjustment, and sharpen) - HUGE user request
+ Added support for EXIF "date taken" (note that this feature requires approval for location information) - user request
+ Added a few color choices for gradient captions (a lot more coming soon)
+ Added Santa Hat stamp...for the holidays!
+ Other improvements and bug fixes