REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.1 or later.
Instagallery - browse Instagram photos
View a gallery of Instagram photos in comfort on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. See some popular photos or sign in to to see photos from the people you follow, view your own photos, "like" photos and see your liked ones, share photos in a number of ways, read and add comments, see what users your friends follow and more.
• View Instagram photos taken by your friends. See an assortment of popular photos. Or look at all the photos you've posted. Photos are shown at full size, matted against a neutral background.
• Easily jump to photos by the same person, taken in the same location, or with a tag from the photo being viewed. Save your favorite sets of photos to revisit in the future.
• Search for people you know to start following them. Find photos with tags that match your interests.
• Enjoy a photo you see? Quickly "like" it and see who else has. Or send the photographer a comment expressing your opinion. Share it on Facebook or Twitter or by sending it via email.
• Use AirPlay to share a photo by displaying it on an Apple TV (requires iOS 4.3 or later).
• Print your own photos to an AirPrint-compatible printer.
• Save your own photos to your photo library (with metadata based on your Instagram caption, username and location), copy them to your clipboard.
• Show any set of photos as a slideshow. Use auto-repeat to keep a running display when your iPad is docked at your desk.
• Show or hide the labels at the bottom of the screen by tapping, allowing for a distraction-free viewing experience.
• On iPad, double-tap or pinch to zoom the photo to fill the width of the screen (photos on iPhone are already displayed at nearly the full screen width, so that's not available there).
Note: 1.2 allows actions on other people's photos, such as saving and emailing for which some people have expressed concern (since this can be used to subvert their copyright). To address this, a 1.2.1 version is being submitted that will only allow these particular actions on your own photos.
Note that Instagallery does not, at this time, provide the information you see in the Instagram app's News tab (and the Instagram API it uses does not make it straightforward for third-party clients to provide all of that information at this time).
If you are having problems with Instagallery, make sure to contact the support email address on the support web page, as the App Store doesn't provide any means for us to respond to reviews left here.
Support further development of Instagallery by leaving reviews (particularly 4 or 5-star ones) and telling your friends about it.
Note: This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.
In short: Grid. AirPlay. AirPrint. Liked photos. Twitter. Facebook. Open in Safari. Open in Instagram. Email, save or copy yours. Video out. Favorite sets. Recent sets. Better comments. Easy tagging. Entire caption. Filter display. Unnamed locations. Tap to advance. TextExpander. Faster. Bugs fixed.
Note: 1.2 allows actions on other people's photos, such as saving and emailing, for which some people have expressed concern (since these could be used to too-easily subvert their copyright). To address this, a 1.2.1 version has been submitted that will only allow such actions on your own photos.
Now, the long (tl;dr) version: While Instagallery 1.2 has the same clean, simple appearance as always, there is much more power under the hood.
- Bring up the set of all of the photos you have "liked" on Instagram.
- See a grid of all the photos in the current photo set to scan them quickly.
- Share Instagram photos with others via Facebook or Twitter.
- Share photos in person on a TV using a video out cable connected to your iPhone 4 or iPad, or if you have an AppleTV, send a photo to it via AirPlay.
- Email your own photos to others.
- Print your own photos to printers that are available via AirPrint.
- Save your own photos to your photo library (with attached metadata indicating their origins).
- Copy your own photos (or web links for any photo) to your clipboard for use in other apps.
- Save photo sets as Favorite Sets to revisit them later.
- View a history of the recent photo sets you've visited and go back to any of them.
- See the filter used on a photo by tapping the date which switches it to show the filter and back.
- Tap on the left or right sides of the screen to switch to the next photo in that direction.
- When photos are tagged on the Instagram service with a location but not a named one, you can now see this as a set of GPS coordinates and tap it to show a map of the area.
- Comments now shows more of the comment text for each entry. It also displays the caption (allowing long captions to be read in their entirety) and color codes comments from the photo's owner and from you.
- Add tags from the tag popover on your own photos. Creates a corresponding comment for you, and auto-completes based on tags on Instagram.
- Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion while entering comments and messages for Twitter and Facebook.
- Some actions were made faster and more fluid.
- Better feedback is provided when Instagallery is waiting for responses from the Instagram servers.
- Errors conditions are handled better in some places.
- Several bugs were fixed.