REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later.
Collins Pro Spanish-English Translation Dictionary
Over 100,000 definitions • No internet connection required • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • Conjugates thousands of Spanish and English verbs
Carry a dependable Spanish and English language reference in your pocket with the Collins Pro Spanish-English Translation Dictionary. You'll have definitions, translation, examples of use, verb conjugations, and more at your fingertips - take a look at the reviews to see why users love this app!
This app includes:
- Over 100,000 fully developed definitions for 55,000 headwords
- Automatic recognition of inflected forms (conjugations, plurals)
- Phonetic breakdown of each entry
- Slang, technical language, and regional spelling and usage differences
- Thousands of biographical and geographic entries
- Etymologies (word histories)
- Pinch and drag to zoom in on results in the dictionary
- Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
- Number-to-text converter
- Easy tap-on-word feature to extend your search
- Provides smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
- Back and forward buttons
- No Internet connection required
- Compatible with iPhone OS 2.2.1 and above
The verb tool:
- Conjugates thousands of Spanish and English verbs
- Includes all standard forms - from present progressive to conditional
- View all verb forms simultaneously, and swap tenses with a single click
Tap on any word for easy access to extended searches, verb conjugations, and Google searches. Collins dictionary apps by Ultralingua are available for Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more.
The history view:
- Records 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and number translations in one place
- Sort alphabetically or by date
- Clear the list completely, or delete items one at a time
- When it saves your verb conjugations, it remembers which tense you looked at last to keep the list relevant and uncluttered.
Collins Dictionaries, a division of HarperCollins, has published top-flight dictionaries since 1819. The Pro-level dictionary software, developed and distributed by Ultralingua, represents the cutting edge in dictionary data and software.
- Added "Did-you-mean" results in the dictionary tool to help you find the right entry
- Added a Quick Reference Guide to the About screen
- Minor bug fix in the history tool
Ultralingua is on Twitter! Follow us for iPhone news, language learning tips, and more http://twitter.com/ultralingua
Feedback from our users is important to us, and drives many of the updates you see here. Let us know what you like and make suggestions with a review in the App Store. Thanks for using Ultralingua!