Create and Edit Databases right on your iPhone
19 different field types
Relational- link between different database tables
Sorting,Filtering, and Customized Views
Field level Encryption
Desktop Connect- connect via web browser and load/save databases, import/export
Integration w/ HanDBase Gallery-download over 2000 templates
New! Support for photos/camera
"HanDBase for iPhone is a very powerful and customizable database. There's really no competition to HanDBase, and given their long history and track record in the handheld world, HanDBase will be adopted quickly in businesses where custom databases are needed. At [Price], this app is a bargain." TUAW.com review
"If you’re sick of buying [...] iPhone/Touch applications that don’t live up to their hype – then you should look at HanDBase" GearDiary.com review
We are a world leader in the mobile database space and have compatible solutions (sold separately) for desktops, synchronization to programs like Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Filemaker, and most ODBC enabled apps. See our web site for more details and options.
Emergency Bug Fix release:
- If using iPhone OS 3.x, the app would crash when you brought up the keyboard in these screens: General DB Settings, Edit View, Edit Field, Edit Author, Edit Filter
- When editing a record, selecting a popup doesn't hide the keyboard
- When editing a record, selecting a popup on an int or float field doesn't update display
- If a date has the value of 'No Date', it can't be changed via the scroll wheel unless you first select the year.
- Manage mode in Choose Database would sometimes cause a crash when selecting an action (email, properties, delete, or open)
- If you are editing a db popup field's text and then press the Popup selector to jump to the other database and select a value, when you return, you won't see the value updated. It is actually updated, but you can't tell as the screen doesn't refresh properly.
- Checkbox report's Percentage Checked and Percentage Unchecked is never correct
- Crash if keyboard was still showing while editing a field's properties and pressing save or cancel
- When editing a record, the max number of characters for a field is one less than the amount you've set in the properties
-The longer the note field, the more whitespace seen around it in the View Record and Edit Record screen
-When editing record, "Done" button in int and float fields not hiding keyboard
-Changes in settings don't apply while program is still running in background. If for example, you change from File Folder Choose DB screen to 'Classic' style, you may not see this updated when you return.
-Checkbox fields are not centered properly in the View Record/Edit Record screen for some justification settings
-Opening a database from an email or web site doesn't always download properly if HanDBase is running in the background. Particularly if the database is or was already opened.
- Alphabetical Index was not showing when it was supposed to
- HanDBase titled empty screen was showing briefly before Choose DB screen
- Did a little bit of optimizations to speed up the Population of the Choose DB screen. Nothing major, but a slight improvement.
- Animation of Password and Encryption dialogs going away showed white flash on the screen.
- On OS 3.1x, pressing the right arrow on a field within the Edit Record screen while you were already editing that field would cause a display glitch
The following are not necessarily bugs, but improvements to the program:
- Some users don't like the in place editing of the Edit Record screen and prefer the old way where it went to a separate screen. Create a preference to let users decide their favorite setting, including an option to only show the separate screen when in landscape.
- Since the HanDBase app is still launched in the background in iOS4, when you have a private database open and someone takes your device and returns to HanDBase, the data will still be visible without a password. Created a preference to auto close databases when going into the background.
We're very sorry that there were so many issues in our last release. Most of our testers updated to iOS4, and we underestimated the problems we would have with backward compatibility on older OS. We've worked long and hard to fix all the bugs reported, and if you see anything else, please don't hesitate to notify us- we keep an active forum and database (naturally) of known bugs, and are very responsive.
Lastly, if you changed your review from a 5 star one to a 1 star review because of the bugs, please consider changing it back- we would really appreciate it!