REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 2.1 or later.
**Compatible with iOS 4 and iPhone 4** File Magic is the file transfer utility that allows you to put any type of file on your handheld so you can take it with you. With File Magic, your iPhone or iPod touch acts like a thumb drive or briefcase with some special abilities. Supported file types can be viewed on your iPhone, and other files can be added as a means of transporting them to another computer (between work and home, for example).
Go to http://www.splashdata.com/filemagic to download the FREE File Magic desktop companion software.
File Magic is easy as 1-2-3:
1. Launch File Magic on the desktop and the handheld. The handheld application will ask you to allow the connection.
2. Drag and drop any file into the File Magic desktop and it will be transferred over Wi-Fi to the device. You will see the progress of the transfer on both the desktop and handheld applications.
3. Tap the folder, then the file you wish to view on the handheld.
- Import your address book to a text file on the desktop to back it up
- Create emails on the desktop and sync to the iPhone application for easy email capability when your desktop is offline (like when you are at the airport and don't want to pay for Wi-Fi access!)
Supported File Types:
.doc and .docx (Microsoft Word)
.htm and .html (web pages)
.pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat)
.ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
.xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
--Music - Non-DRM files only (no copy protection)--
.m4v - Open a video in QuickTime (7.5 or later); Go to File > Export > Movie to iPhone. Then drag the resulting m4v file into File Magic.
.jpg and .jpeg
File Magic is great for users of productivity and utility apps such as Air Sharing, File Magnet, WifiTrak, and Keynote Remote.
* Device-to-device file transfer (File Magic running on both devices; on same Wi-Fi network)
* Email files as attachments from File Magic on the device
* Option to set a password to protect File Magic access