REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1 or later
"...you can control your media, your other applications and your computer all from your phone. Brilliant."
-- Christina Warren, TUAW.com
"...a great app for people that want a cross between a VNC app and a remote control, without having to buy both."
Remote HD is the easiest and the most feature packed remote in the App Store.
This VNC / Remote hybrid will allow you to fully control your Mac, PC and AppleTV from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad over WiFi/3G/EDGE or GPRS.
• Live audio steaming from your computer
• Live display of your computer / AppleTV
• Apple Remote like multimedia remote
• The only touch remote for AppleTV in the market
• Wireless Keyboard (with international characters)
• Multi-Touch Trackpad
• Wireless Mouse
• Stream live audio from your computer
• Take control of your home theater
• An inexpensive way to add a wireless keyboard/mouse to your setup
• Monitor your downloads at home
• Access private data through a remote computer
• Email yourself a copy of an important document from your computer
• Use applications running on your remote computer
• Control your presentations without looking at a projector screen
• Monitor your computer while you are away
• Use your AppleTV like a computer to launch, switch apps...
• Easy Connect: automatically discover your computer (even over the Internet)
• Hardware Volume Buttons: use the volume buttons on your device to control volume on your computer even when Remote HD is asleep
• Application Switcher: switch between running applications with a flick
• Application Launcher: launch any application in the Applications folder on a Mac/AppleTV or Start Menu of a PC
• Spotlight/Windows search: search and launch files on your computer
• Wake-On-Lan, Wake over WiFi and Wake-On-Wan (if supported by your router)
• Remote display with multiple monitor support and more...
• Install Remote Helper on your computer/AppleTV
• Start Remote HD on your device (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)
• Tap on a connection to connect
• Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard (Intel/PPC)
• Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 2008 Server (32/64-bit)
• Unlocked Apple TV (Generation1) running software 3.0+
• Remote Helper - free download: http://www.remotehd.com/
APPLICATION SUPPORT (Mac):
Front Row, iTunes, DVDPlayer, Quicktime, iPhoto, Finder, Preview, BOXEE, VLC, XBMC, Plex, EyeTV, SlingPlayer, Spotify, RealPlayer, Acrobat, Keynote, Powerpoint, Movist and all applications that support Keyboard Multimedia Keys.
APPLICATION SUPPORT (PC):
Windows Media Player, MCE, Media Player classic, ZoomPlayer, VLC, DivX Player, BS.Player, MediaPortal, BOXEE, XBMC, WinDVD, PowerDVD, WinTV, SlingPlayer, WinAmp, iTunes, Quicktime, Spotify, RealPlayer, Acrobat, Powerpoint, OpenOffice Impress and all applications that support Keyboard Multimedia Keys.
* Requires GPRS connectivity (or faster), world-wide availability varies. Remote Helper can automatically enable access over cellular networks (3G/EDGE/GPRS) if your computer is in a simple home network like environment and if your Internet router supports UPnP. Some situations may require manual configuration of your Internet router.
If you come across any bugs - we will fix it in the next version. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Remote HD only works with first generation AppleTV. AppleTV must be unlocked and configured to enable Remote HD access. Step-by-step instructions can be found on our website:
iPad RemoteView orientation bug fixed
Blank screen in 3G/EDGE/GPRS mode fixed
Added setting to turn off automatic saving of passwords
What's new in Version 4.2.1
Added setting to enable Retina optimized RemoteView
Audio streaming from computer to AirPlay enabled devices
Trackpad issues on Windows fixed
In-app settings crash fixed
Hardware buttons now control remote volume again
iOS 4.2.1 compatibility
What's new in Version 4.2.0
New Gesture Pad (iOS 4.0 or newer)
Retina display optimized graphics
Audio streaming in background
Remote control using Universal dock or headphone remote
Push Notifications when remote machine is turned on
Support for MiRow from Fire Core
iOS 4.2 compatibility