REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later.
Now in the App Store Top Paid 20 under the Books category! iBookshelf is your personal portable library reference. A comprehensive book database, created and continuously maintained through extensive feedback from readers like you.
Books are displayed ordered by title, author, genre, and status. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. A new book can be entered automatically (enter ISBN and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the book cover image is loaded as well. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs!
** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover.""At $1.99, it's easier and more fun than an excel file or card catalogue!"
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
"iBookshelf’s simplicity is a virtue."
- Enter the ISBN and tap load to retrieve book data from the internet (live barcode scanning with in-app purchase of the Red Laser SDK)
- Enter the title and/or author and tap load (next to the title field) to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Save all your books in a convenient library
- See your book covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track book loans
- Rate your books
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to our online backup server
- View your backed up booklist at ipod.pressnells.net
- Email backup files (CSV or binary) to a location of your choice.
- Import your own data (CSV format) or backup files.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake iPod and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Read/Unread status is displayed in the main lists.
- While editing an entry, tap on the cover image to search the internet for additional cover image options.
- Set the cover image using the iPod camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) and Open Library in the iPod Settings app.
- Set default values and list font size in iPod settings app.
**** NOTE: All of my data is pulled from publicly accessible internet sites and is NOT using any direct API. This means a few things to you, my customer. Because I'm not relying on API data, you will always have information available to you. However, because my data sources change their websites from time to time and public websites are not always consistent, particular items may provide unexpected results. This will cause my application to close. Rather than providing negative reviews, please send me examples of items that cause the application to close and I will happily update my code to accept them. ****
**** Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****
* The first book collection app with native iPad support!!
* Added support for book synopsis. Book synopsis is automatically downloaded when user is online and ISBN has been entered for book.
* Added new data sources for books.
* Fixed crash when scanning through a large number of covers in cover
* Updated cover view layout to be more readable.
* Added desktop backup support (must download free backup application from
* Added rating overlay to the main list views
* Appropriately resize iphone camera images to thumbnails for app use,
fixing performance and crash issues for users using camera images (and
keeping database sizes much smaller when saved to disk).
* Price field now uses numeric keyboard by default and starts blank during