REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Cape Town Travel Guide – Lonely Planet
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
Over 9 million Lonely Planet apps downloaded
The world’s favorite guidebook, enhanced with iPhone-smartness
# GPS tracking and offline maps (so you can avoid data roaming charges)
# Hundreds of recommended places to visit & things to do
# Extensive editorial content from our guidebooks
# All wrapped up in an intuitive, easy to use app where everything is only a few touches away
Get the best possible introduction to the Mother City of South Africa, with Lonely Planet’s Cape Town Cityguide on your iPhone. Sprawled at the feet of striking Table Mountain, famous for its beaches, vineyards, galleries and nightlife, this city is one of the highlights of Africa, and our authors have found the best it has to offer. Whether it’s trekking in Hoerikwaggo national park, getting a feel for the colour of life in the Bo-Kaap, or a winery tour in Hermanus, the world’s leading guidebook publisher is your essential companion.
OK, so you’ve dived with sharks off the Cape, checked out the Victorian architecture of Muizenberg and worn out your camera on different angles of the mountain; what next? Why not check your location on our dynamic maps, and find the nearest place to sample Cape Malay cuisine? Or dial up a tour through neighbourhoods as diverse as ritzy Camps Bay and the township of Khayelitsha? Perhaps the famous seafood of the Cape is your fancy? We’ll help you find the freshest kinglip and snoek at Kalk Bay fish market. And if you’re just knackered, we’ve reviewed hundreds of the best places to stay, for all budgets. And don’t stress about roaming connection costs: our Cityguides are fully stand-alone apps. Wonderbaarlik!
# GPS TRACKING & OFFLINE MAPS
- There’s no need to go online to find out where you are or where you’re going. Our detailed street maps are fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full color styling and six-level zoom.
# HUNDREDS OF RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT & THINGS TO DO
- Discover the best of the city with hundreds of author recommended points-of-interest covering sights, shopping, places to eat, places to go out, hotels, activities and events
- Points-of-interest include Lonely Planet reviews, practical information such as opening hours, address, contact details, price range, and map location
- Browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighborhood, or type
# EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL CONTENT FROM OUR GUIDEBOOKS
- City and neighborhood overviews – Get a sense of the city and its neighborhoods so you know what to expect and where you want to explore
- ‘Things to do’ overviews – Hit the ground running after reading up on the local scene for shopping, dining, going out, and hotels
- Background information - Learn more about some of the city's key features and what makes it tick
- Practical information – A need-to-know directory right at your fingertips including how to get around, money and much more
# EASY TO USE
- Swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and filter your selections with a flick of your finger.
#LONELY PLANET IMAGES
- If you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers.
If you’re a jetsetter, check out our 130+ (and counting) other city guides and travel phrasebooks!