REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
iTalmud English Edition
ITALMUD ENGLISH EDITION FEATURES:
- A fully integrated and comprehensive English Translation with thousands of footnotes, references and insights.
- Integrated Rashi and Tosfos hyperlinks in text view.
- Daf Yomi Shiur (Lecture) Locator - with integrated GPS functionality.
- Page turn animations
- Many user interface and graphical improvements for a much better experience.
"One of the most powerful Jewish iPhone applications...iTalmud takes the crown." - Jerusalem Post
AN APP IN DEVELOPMENT FOR OVER 1500 YEARS
The Jewish Talmud, first composed in 500 CE, is now available in a new, revolutionary format over one and a half centuries later!
* TOUCH - Use the power of touch to browse, pan and zoom through pages of the Talmud in both the original Tzuras Hadaf and in text view mode.
* AUDIO LECTURES - Daf Yomi lectures are integrated and free. You can listen to a English shiur/lecture on any daf and follow along inside with the text or image page view.
* ENGLISH TRANSLATION - Full translation with thousands of footnotes, references and insights.
* MULTI-VIEW AND SUPERIOR PRINT – The print is crisp and easy on the eye. High resolution pages to allow for zooming without losing page quality.
iTalmud uses the iPhone accelerometer to detect when the phone is moved to a horizontal position and adjusts the page layout accordingly.
* COMMENTARIES - Original page formatting includes all the classic commentaries.
* KEYWORD SEARCH - iTalmud features a text search for the entire Talmud. You can then view the page in either a text or image-based format.
* CONTENT DOWNLOAD MANGER - Due to the large size of the Talmud images and audio lectures, all pages are downloadable on demand and then stored locally your device. You can download by daf/page or by masechta. Please note that the update engine will work even if the phone goes into sleep mode. (Please also note that at this stage about 35% of images are still unavailable. We will attempt to ensure that new pages are available according to the “Daf Yomi” schedule.
* BOOKMARKS - Create bookmarks so that you can easily return to the page you were studying at a later time.
* “DAF YOMI” CALCULATOR – Integrated “Daf Yomi” calculator allows you to jump to the day’s “Daf” with a single touch.
* NAVIGATION – Browse by Seder (Order), Masechta (Tractate) and/or jump to any page (daf) in the entire Talmud in an instant. You can jump from one page to the next within a Masechta with the click of an arrow.
ABOUT AUDIO LECTURES
The thousands of integated Daf Yomi lectures are given by Rabbi Dovid Grossman of Los Angeles, a founder of the Yeshiva Gedola of Los Angeles.
We encourage and value all constructive feedback and ideas.
SPREAD THE WORD
Tell your friends, family and communities about this groundbreaking new mobile application.
ABOUT THE TALMUD
The Talmud (or Gemara) is the supreme source-book of all Jewish Law and tradition. More than just a legal text, it is also a wellspring of ethical principles, and ultimately a guidebook to life.
Its rigorous study has inspired masses of people throughout the ages. In every historical period and geographical location, students of the Talmud have devoted hours upon hours, weeks upon weeks, years upon years, to the study of its principles.
** Thanks to our sponsor Yiddishads.com - Free online Jewish classifieds **
* iOS4 fixes and enhancements
Check out our latest iPhone app Jewish Cal - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jewish-cal/id371694669
And for the iPad - Weather Clock HD - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather-clock-hd/id378727975