REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
GV Connect - Call & SMS client for Google Voice
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US.
GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone - interact with your existing "Google Voice" accounts much faster than using the web interface:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call, callback, and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes).
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS exceeding 160 characters.
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
• Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text.
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access (data is cached for all accounts used in the application).
• Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) or even add additional calling credit directly from within the application.
• Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google.
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers (tap & hold the contact/star button in the dialer or the Address Book icon when composing a new SMS).
Please note that GV Connect is NOT a SIP/VOIP application and will thus not allow making calls from an iPad or iPod Touch without a separate VOIP/SIP application. GV Connect currently does not support answering a callback to a 'Google Talk' address directly on the device.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers only and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application's website if you encounter any issues.
• Improve reliability and error reporting when using "Direct Call"• Fix missing SMS messages when a recent conversation contained an SMS message with no content
• Ad option to clear cached cookies in order to resolve authentication issues