REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later
*** SynoLoad is compatible with new DSM 3.0 ! ***
Ever wanted to download a file on your iPhone, but it was too big? Have a Synology Disk Station at home? SynoLoad is meant for you!
SynoLoad allows you to connect to your Download Station and manage your downloads. You will be able to add or remove files, but also check the speed or pause downloads.
Have several Synology NAS ? Often connect to your NAS from home or work ? SynoLoad handles connection to different NAS and can manage different connection profiles !
The included web browser will help you choose the file you wish to download, and the smart search engine will allow you to look for any kind of file. New smart search engines can be added dynamically, so you will never miss your good old finder.
Morever, the built-in RSS reader helps you keep track of your software updates. You will be able to add new RSS feeds to SynoLoad and be notified of new files to download.
Afraid to open your Download Station access to the Internet? SynoLoad handles both HTTP and HTTPS and is capable of connecting to it through a SSH Server, so it is completely secure!
Of course, all of this is customizable, and the graphical interface has been polished for your greater pleasure.
# Handles configuration for several Synology NAS
# Handles several configurations per NAS (local, https, SSH, ...)
# Works with all Synology NAS with firmware 2.x and 3.x (DSM 2.x and 3.x)
# Connects through HTTP, HTTPS (SSL) or HTTP over SSH
# Works over WIFI, EDGE and 3G
# Lists downloads on your server
# Can pause/resume/remove downloads
# Displays download/upload rates, downloaded size, progress, etc...
# Supports autorefresh (can be disabled if connected in 3G, to reduce internet trafic)
# Can add direct link downloads (if copied from somewhere else)
# Provides a web view to directly add files to download while browsing
# Handles HTTP/FTP links (*.zip, *.rar, *.dmg, *.exe...)
# Handles all files and protocols supported by Synology !
# Manages cookies (for authentification websites)
# Supports RSS feeds
# List new files to be downloaded in RSS feeds (1 click download)
# Can search for any file through configurable searchers
# Mininova searcher included by default
# Sober but efficient look and feel
# 2 themes available (light and dark)
# Available in 8 languages: English, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian
NB: You MUST have a Synology NAS, because downloads do not happen on your phone, but on your NAS, at home.
Thanks to all of you for your support and great comments!
SynoLoad has (again) been greatly improved in this version, thanks to you! Many of those improvements come from user suggestions. So don't hesitate to contact me, either through SynoLoad (in Settings > About > Contact me) or through my website (http://dev.patey.net).
It is now translated into 7 languages, and more are coming.
There is also a new light theme, for those who didn't appreciate the dark one ;-) This can be changed in the settings.
New Synology firmware (DSM 3.0 beta) is out, and SynoLoad is [of course] compatible with it !
v1.4 ==> v1.5:
Check out all the improvements:
- Translated application to French, Dutch, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish
- Added a "Light" theme (can be changed in the settings)
- Improved application flow
- Added some animations when changing screen
- Improved error mechanism (show a message box with a detailed message)
- Split the "Searcher" configuration in 2 screens for clarification
- Added a field to choose username/password when adding a new URL
- Added a button to clear all finished downloads
- Added confirmation when removing a server, bookmark, rss feed and searcher
- Hide "Refresh" button when autorefresh is activated
- Changed font to support special characters
- Add number of new RSS items on login page (no need to log to your NAS !)
- Added a button to log out of the current NAS in the settings
- Autologin if only one server (can be disabled in the settings)
- Improved download detection in the webview
- Improved downloading from a RSS feed
- Added support for BinSearch.info, NewzLeech.com and more !
- Updated UI for iPhone 4 Retina Display
Also, several bugs have been fixed:
- Fix crash when entering an invalid RSS feed URL which prevented launching the application again
- When "http://" isn't specified in the "Add Searcher from URL", the searcher can't be added
- ActivityIndicator in top left corner may appear black on some iPhone (depending on iOS)
- Cannot change the download folder
- In some cases, RSS feed wouldn't allow downloading anything
v1.5 ==> v1.5.1:
- Added Dutch language
- Change the language in the settings (not just login screen)
- Clicking on the same link a second time wouldn't ask to download the file
v1.5.1 ==> v1.6:
- Improved text readability for Retina Display
- Added swipe to delete in the download list
- Added Norwegian translation
- Improved startup time (5 times quicker !)
- Optimized web navigation: speed improvements (twice faster !)
- Optimized connection time (twice faster !)
- Reduced memory consumption (works better on iPhone EDGE and 3G)
- Changed application language in real time (no need to restart the application anymore)
- Automatically select the language based on the device language at first run
- Some urls in the searchers make it impossible to download the file
- RSS feeds are not shown if they contain only one item
If you find any issue with this version or if you have suggestions, contact me!
If you like SynoLoad, don't be shy: post a comment on iTunes!