REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
FlickStackr for Flickr
FlickStackr brings Flickr photo sharing to the iPad. Designed from the ground up for the larger screen, it allows you to BROWSE photos in the Flickr universe. UPLOAD photos, and EDIT your photos' metadata.
Most COMPLETE and FUNCTIONAL Flickr app on the AppStore.
follow us on Twitter @ipontCA and also in Facebook.com/FlickStackr
Please use Twitter or the support email for any feedback. We can't respond to reviews in the AppStore. We listen and answer back. New features have been all users requests.
Key Features :
==== BROWSING ====
- Single app compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad. ( iOS4 ). Including Retina and multitasking on iOS4
- You can look at your own photos, your sets, your favorites and your contacts and their photos.
- Browse flickr content whether you have a flickr account or not.
- Support for viewing Flickr groups photos and discussions
- Support for viewing Flickr videos
- Full screen photo browser that lets you swipe through photos and zoom by pinching. (Landscape and Portrait).
- Slideshow mode, including support for external displays (TV & VGA)
- Browse via user's Streams, Sets, Collections, Groups, Tags and Galleries.
- No need for paging while looking at large photosets. FlickStackr does it automatically in the background.
Photos are cached locally for fast access.
- Tags, exif and photo location viewing
- Search photos in Flickr : via keyword + geographic location + owned by you or a contact
- Offline mode for looking at photos while disconnected.
- A unique feature is the 'STACK'. The Stack lets you mark photos and photosets from you or any other people. This stack is saved on your iPad, so that you can keep this list without having to publish it to flickr. Useful when you want to review photos later, or share them all via email
- Share photos with friends : Single photos (or several photos using the Stack) via email, Facebook,Twitter and Tumblr
- AirPlay support for Flickr Videos on any device
- AirPlay mirroring support for full app on iPad2 and iPhone 4S
==== UPLOAD/EDITING ====
- Upload photos directly from your iPhone/iPad. Use the device's photo library as source, the camera, the Camera Connection Kit, or using iTunes drag and drop, to get photos from your computer
- At upload time you can specify : title, caption, tags, sets, groups, geo location, privacy
- Exif and GPS information is maintained when uploading
- Upload in the background while you continue to browse photos
- Edit your flickr photo's metadata and geo location from your device
- Edit photo metadata in batches
- Upload in the background(multitask) on iOS4
- LIMITATION : Browsing your photo library to choose photos in high resolution requires granting location access to FlickStackr. This is unfortunately an Apple imposed limitation
==== ACCOUNT FLEXIBILITY ====
- Support for having multiple Flickr accounts active. This is ideal for households sharing an iPad or for people with multiple identities online.
- A flickr account is NOT required. FlickStackr can be used by people who just want to explore flickr. Stacks and searches work without an account.
- Supports all iPad screen orientations.
- As a universal application, FlickStackr is also compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch 4.0+
==== 500px Support ====
- Access 500px.com photos and uploads via a one-time in-app purchase. ($0.99/ €0.79)
== Check out our free version : FlickStackr Explore ==
NOTE : Under iOS 4.x, FlickStackr may require "Location Access" to be able to browse the photo library. This is an iOS 4.x limitation imposed by Apple to apps. Other apps which do not require it will NOT get you Exif or full resolution.
- PIN protected accounts and Stacks. Everybody has something they want to keep to themselves !
- Photo privacy now visible on List and Details view. Find out quickly if a photo is public or private.
- Full photo license description now visible in Details view. On the iPhone, it is displayed with the Caption.
- View photostreams, sets, contact lists, search results, etc in a Safari Browser
- Offline stacks : Verify (while still online) if all the photos are downloaded and available offline.
- Recent Activity improvements :
** Tap on the user who commented/favorited to view their photos
** Reply to comments right from the recent activity view
** Reply to group photo invites
- 500px : improve reliability of uploads using 500px.com new upload server
- Random slideshow not working properly in off-line mode
- Search results put on Stack were not saved with the correct parameters (i.e. relevance, geo, etc)
- Crashes when browsing the photo library to upload
- Crash when editing multiple photos and cancelling at pre-load time
- Edit button disappearing from Accounts screen
- Handle location preferences not set on flickr.com when modifying existing photos
- Improve reliability of Download Manager
- General stability improvements
- 500px : comments sometimes not showing up
- 500px : re-enable ability to authenticate to 500px using Facebook