REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
OutDoors Great Britain
“Accurate and dependable...we’re delighted”- Ordnance Survey
OutDoors is the complete OS mapping and GPS app for Britain’s walkers, runners, cyclists and mountaineers- 100% dedicated to Britain’s outdoor enthusiasts. A simple and intuitive interface brings the full range of Britain’s superb Ordnance Survey Maps to your iPhone or iPad including the official OS 1:25k Explorer maps and 1:50k Landranger maps, all in one app. With the OS maps fully downloaded to your iPhone or iPad, OutDoors will work anywhere regardless of iPhone signal and find your location in seconds. Just go to the in-app Store and select your chosen area to download.
★★★★★ “Extremely easy to use and looks great. Verdict: an easy and low cost way to get into GPS navigation.” -[Trek & Mountain Magazine]
★★★★★ “The perfect tool for navigating around the British Countryside. Real Fun! ” -[Scotland Outdoors Magazine]
★★★★★ “Excellent app, very useful for keen hikers.” -[Apps Magazine]
★★★★★ “Accurate mapping off-road, forget other maps and get this. Ideal tool for walkers... one of the most useful apps on my iPhone” -[Acc Web]
ALL OS MAPS IN ONE APP
• Select, purchase and download any 1:50k or 1:25k OS maps via the in-app Store; these are the official OS Landranger and Explorer maps exactly the same in appearance as the paper maps, with all the paths and contours shown.
• Complete 1:250k OS map of the whole of GB included on purchase.
• Finds your location in seconds.
• Every path and route across Britain shown on the maps.
• Seamlessly scroll and zoom between maps and areas.
• No need for phone signal as all maps are stored on your iPhone.
• Current Position will stay centre to enable hands-free use (great for cycling).
• Super fast search of 250,000 British place names included on installation.
• Supports Multi-tasking to reduce battery consumption (in our hill-walking tests, the battery can last 10+ hours. Just remember to turn off 3G & Wifi; this is done in iPhone Settings.)
FULLY FUNCTIONAL GPS
• Record your Route with statistics; watch as it records your route on the map.
• View current speed, average speed, distance, altitude, time elapsed and more.
• In-built Compass.
• View current Longitude/Latitude and Grid Reference.
IMPORT AND EXPORT ROUTES – SEAMLESSLY MOVE ROUTES BETWEEN DEVICES
• Create a free www.outdoorsgps.com Route Builder Account- quickly and easily.
• Then seamlessly move routes between iPhone, iPad and OutDoors Website in seconds.
• Save/Backup your Routes to the OutDoors website to view, edit and share later.
• Find and Import your personal Routes from the online route builder to your iPhone/iPad.
• Search and download routes from the huge OutDoors database to your iPhone/iPad.
• Import, Export and edit GPX files.
• Download AA Walks, Collins Short Walks and Rough Ride Guides.
TOP TIPS: For Top Tips on using your iPhone with OutDoors out in the wild, go to our web-site here; http://outdoorsgps.com/tips.php.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Much faster location positioning.
• Now a universal iPad app- access your maps from any supported device for no additional fee.
• Improved Route recording.
• Replaced EveryTrail interface with www.outdoorsgps.com.
• Create a free account in seconds.
• Seamlessly move and save routes between iPhone, iPad and Web.
• Build, Edit and Share routes at www.outsdoorsgps.com.
• View routes against a map on your PC.
• Search for popular public routes or share your routes with friends.
• Save all your routes to the web with one touch.
• Bug Fixes and Optimisations.