REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
Audio Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary
The Audio Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond. Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as "analyze,""derive," and "subsequent." The dictionary also provides Cambridge pre-recorded audio pronunciations and full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind.
* Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
* Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
* Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.
* Word Family and Word Choices boxes help students expand their vocabulary and choose the right word.
* Reference Pages provide useful information about geography, science, math, literature, and more.
The Dictionary is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod with the following key benefits:
* No connection to the internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the internet and with no additional charges
* Audio pronunciations
* Ability to change the font size in the word definitions - this feature is available from the device Settings
* Bookmarks - you can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool and create your own topics and word lists
* Filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter - used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword - used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and groups of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Quick search of words while you type
* Hyperlinks between words and articles
Optimized to support iPad devices