REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
CHESS is a state of the art chess program designed for all players, from beginners to masters, featuring a chess rules book, a teacher mode, 28 trainer levels, graphical coaching and analyzing modes, a world class chess engine and much more…
CHESS is both a partner and an opponent able to adapt to your strength and help you to improve your chess... Everywhere!
NEW: a collection of more than 3600 classical and historical games is now included in the app! Watch a 13 years old Bobby Fischer defeat a grandmaster in the game of the century! Enjoy replaying the games of the greatest players of all times: Capablanca, Philidor, Steinitz, Lasker, Morphy, and many others!
- The rules of chess are included and easily accessible for reference.
- Just tap on a piece and the program shows you its legal moves.
- 28 trainer levels of increasing difficulty designed to improve your chess skills are provided.
- The chess engine is of very high quality, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
- Naturally CHESS knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
- CHESS can watch over your shoulder and suggest up to 4 safe moves. But you can still play any move you want.
- Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
- CHESS (Chess Tiger engine) is currently one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices: it is optimized for 32 bits mobile processors.
- On recent devices it reaches a level close to 2700 elo (grandmaster).
- CHESS (Chess Tiger engine) has been ranked twice as the number one chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer's rating list).
- Chess Tiger running on a modest PIII-866MHz PC has achieved an historical Grand Master Norm in Argentina back in July 2001 during an official tournament, beating one International Master and four Grand Masters in a row, resulting in the astounding performance of 2788 Elo!!!
- You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
- You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (both for sending and receiving).
- You can set up any position.
- The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
- You can analyze a game by replaying it. CHESS tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red, and show you the good ones in green.
- CHESS supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
Other features include:
- High Definition graphics on iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4, anti-aliased soft graphics for all the other devices.
- 12 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can also customize.
- 7 chess pieces sets (ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
- 13 board styles (marble, wood, …).
- A collection of 3600 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
- "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
- 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
- Includes an opening book of more than one million moves. And it can be turned off.
- Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
Thank you so much for all the great reviews! As each update resets the ratings count, please take a moment to update your review for the current version.
Also, if you ever have a problem with the game, please write us via the "Report a problem" option, which is available from the Options menu, or with "Contact us" on our website (http://www.chesstiger.com). We answer all email promptly, and work very hard to solve any problems that come up.
If you send a review to report a problem, we have absolutely no way to contact you back. So you will not receive any answer, and it's a pity because we probably already have a solution to your problem!
This is a major update with many improvements. Just to mention a few:
- New graphical chess boards and piece sets
- You can be visually warned when your opponent threatens you
- You can easily turn on/off the threats and suggested moves display
- You can delete games from your collections
- You can see the list of captured pieces